PDA

View Full Version : Quite an unlucky fisherman

Solominotaur
05-13-2017, 09:38 PM
So I love to fish and get outdoors, but outside of fishing for trout I'm apparently quite unlucky....or really bad haha. Trying to fish rivers for the first time this year and So far have just returned empty handed. I use a spinner reel and any hints or helpful location to point me in somewhat of a better direction to actually catching more fish would be awesome.

Thanks for reading, :)

freeride
05-13-2017, 09:46 PM
let us know what rivers you have been trying, and maybe someone could help out.

Solominotaur
05-13-2017, 09:53 PM
I live just south of beaumont but I read the nsr was good fishing but been 3 times for hours on end (Devon,terwillegar, and heritage park) and tried the whitemud creek by 119st. And have had no luck not sure if it's my pickel rig setup or bait. Wanted to try and get to the mouth of whitemud creek and nsr but can't figure out how to get there haha.

cranky
05-14-2017, 12:45 PM
I live just south of beaumont but I read the nsr was good fishing but been 3 times for hours on end (Devon,terwillegar, and heritage park) and tried the whitemud creek by 119st. And have had no luck not sure if it's my pickel rig setup or bait. Wanted to try and get to the mouth of whitemud creek and nsr but can't figure out how to get there haha.

You get into the Whitemud outlet and NSR by turning into the park by the equine center off of Fox Drive. Cant remember name of park. Theres usually someone selling fruit and such in summer there at the entrance. Drive through to the west end of the park. Walk north.

Cant help you with the bait thing or rigs. I use jigs only in the river. There cheap and dont cost much to lose when you get snagged.

58thecat
05-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Hey your fishing just not catching which is all part of the process...enjoy the quest :)

Solominotaur
05-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Haha thanks, just less fun when I get skunked on my first trips to trying river fishing

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Etownpaul
05-14-2017, 02:01 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I've been skunked on my first 2 NSR attempts this year too.

There were days last summer where I was catching walleye or little pike every second cast, but no luck this year. Only 3 bites in two outings.

I picked up a bunch of new gear over the winter, so playing with my new toys takes the sting out of getting skunked.