PDA

View Full Version : Fishing gear stolen

Waterfowler vmax
05-22-2017, 06:35 PM
I was at Cabelas north Edmonton early Sunday morning right at opening. I left my back slider window open and when I came back out my truck was ransacked. My Shimano Sahara spinning reel on a quantum medium rod was stolen. My Yellow Berkeley tackle bag along with all my tackle. A camo hunting pack with my leatherman and lots of other hunting and fishing gear as well as my Oakley sunglasses. Huge hit to my season. I was only in the store for about 15 mins getting my new baitcaster respooled. Luckily I was smart enough to leave that rod at home. If you could please keep an eye out for such things on kijiji or elsewhere and if you see a beat up older blue hatch back with BC plate E77 87S please contact the police. Luckily there was a witness, and he saw a strung out looking male driver and a native woman in hot pink yoga pants rooting through my truck before he run them off. I'm not going to get my stuff back, I've excepted that. I just want these *****holes caught, I work hard for my money and everything I buy and I know you all do as well. Keep your vehicles locked, your lines wet, and your powder dry

VMax

35 whelen
05-22-2017, 06:47 PM
That s*** sorry for your loss but I never go there with stuff in my truck I think guys Target it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Waterfowler vmax
05-22-2017, 06:58 PM
I won't be anymore. Came straight from wetting a line so

Sooner
05-22-2017, 07:16 PM
maybe they have security footage? Sucks. Damn thieves.

Waterfowler vmax
05-22-2017, 07:44 PM
They possibly do, but the only person with access isn't at work until tomorrow. I always park in the same spot ands pretty far from store so hope they can see something. The License plate should identify the loser p.o.s driving, butnits BC and I'm not holding my breath on the police rally trying to find him

waterninja
05-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Very sorry to hear about your losse's. Wouldnt' expect that there in an open parking lot with little foot traffic. But, nowhere is safe anymore. What a bummer. Did you make a police report, and how did that go?

ETOWNCANUCK
05-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Very sorry to hear about your losse's. Wouldnt' expect that there in an open parking lot with little foot traffic. But, nowhere is safe anymore. What a bummer. Did you make a police report, and how did that go?

Most common place for thefts is in a parking lot,

who really pays that much attention to people around vehicles, at a retail area?
Especially at one that is busy IE Walmart on a Saturday.

In this case someone did,

But in reality, you see someone around a vehicle you don't necessarily
jump to any conclusion.

Even in a not so busy, If you see someone in a vehicle
you don't know that it isn't theirs.

Grizzly Adams
05-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Seems a lot of homeless types hang around parking lots these days, looking for an easy mark.

Grizz

waterninja
05-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Most common place for thefts is in a parking lot,

who really pays that much attention to people around vehicles, at a retail area?
Especially at one that is busy IE Walmart on a Saturday.

In this case someone did,

But in reality, you see someone around a vehicle you don't necessarily
jump to any conclusion.

Even in a not so busy, If you see someone in a vehicle
you don't know that it isn't theirs.
I completly agree with you, but some parking lots are more "remote" then others as far as bums and homeless go. They stand out more then in busy mall parking lots. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that some "serious" thieves in there own vehicle did a swoop and scoop.

the local angler
05-23-2017, 04:36 PM
yup i use to work at a hotel and vehicle break ins were a regular occurrence and the surveillance cameras sucked ****. i didn't know this but the homeless people or who ever( don't wanna label or blame) marks your vehicle somehow and then they make notes of how long you are gone and usually walk by for a quick peek in the window and to see if your doors are unlocked. it surprise's me how many people do not lock their doors. they go for the quick items they can grab and leave.

Ken07AOVette
05-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Sniper's nest.

Just sayin' :)