PDA

View Full Version : volquartsen superlite 10/22 ammo

Deasoninc
05-23-2017, 07:18 AM
I have recently acquired a volquartsen superlite 10/22. I have some Winchester and american eagle ammo in the safe. Was shooting them on the weekend and am not getting much consistency on grouping and had the Winchester jam on me three times out of 100. Any suggestions on a particular brand of 22lr that i will work better for me?

Thanks , Jason

DiabeticKripple
05-23-2017, 07:55 AM
My 10/22 likes CCI mini mags. I buy the 300 'choot em' packs.

260 Rem
05-23-2017, 07:56 AM
I suspect you may find SK Standard and SK High Velocity shoot well. When I purchased a VQ several years ago, I contacted them to find out what ammo was used for their factory tests and was told Wolf (which is the SK brand repackaged for sale in the US). I purchased a few bricks from Prophet River and am pleased with results. Rim fire is always trial and error.
I think the chamber is cut a bit tighter in VQ's which is probably the cause of jambs with certain types of ammo.

elkhunter11
05-23-2017, 08:05 AM
My Volquartsen likes SK Standard Plus, but it loves RWS Championship Edition. It shoots them so well, that I bought two cases. My Volquartsen is up for sale, and when it sells, I will sell off what I have left, which is well over a full case.