PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Training Shells

SolidRuben
05-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Hello fellow enthusiasts!

my inquiry is this: Is there a shotgun shell that exists that can be used to learn and train how to load and unload a shotgun?

Essentially a training shell. I'm going to buy my first shotgun and aside from reading the manual I'd like to get hands on experience with loading and unloading a shell but I do not want to use a live shell. Now I trust myself to be able to do it with a live shell, however when I'd like to train my wife and my younger brother (13) and eventually my children Id want them to be able to hold the firearm and get comfortable with the process without any risk of a accident happening.

Thanks everyone. I'm sure we can all agree that safety for the family is of utmost importance when it comes to having firearms in a household and thats where this question comes from.

Ruben A

overhere
05-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Calgary shooting center. They sell snap caps in most calibers and gauges

hillbillyreefer
05-25-2017, 09:30 PM
You could find a couple spent hulls, roll the crimp back closed by hand and use those. They might not chamber quite as easily as sized duds, but they should work, especially in a pump or break action.

ghostguy6
05-25-2017, 09:57 PM
As mentioned Snap caps are available. I personally use empty hulls with the primer removed. I filled the primer hole and hull with silicone. If your in the Edmonton ares I could give you one or two.

SolidRuben
05-25-2017, 10:12 PM
Thank you ghostguy, however I'm in calgary. Okay thanks for the tips