PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan on Sunday

SNAPFisher
05-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Totally awesome weather.

Went to Sylvan to sight fish for lake whites. I was not disappointed with well over 40 whites in a half day. They are stacked, and I mean stacked, in the shallows right now.

Great time though watching white after whites take the hook

https://s25.postimg.org/bu8z3igv3/File_001_(2).jpg

Next up, time to take to the rivers.

bwackwabbit
05-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Woohoo!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Swede
05-29-2017, 06:35 AM
Nice job Snap you getting those on the fly rod?

SNAPFisher
05-29-2017, 09:11 AM
Nice job Snap you getting those on the fly rod?

Yeppers. No indicator and a single hook. You can't get any more basic than that. I had so many looks and hits...countless.

Amateur Hunter
05-29-2017, 10:49 AM
If you find one with green wireworm let me know, would like to get it back lol

The Spank
05-29-2017, 12:18 PM
That sounds like it would be fun!! Nice catch!

chucklesthe3rd
05-31-2017, 08:33 PM
what ya usin' mate?

pikeman06
05-31-2017, 08:50 PM
Careful you don't get too attached to those overlooked whites. My favourite fish. They seldom the same fish from day to day always keep you guessing and a pure joy in the winter to pursue. Hero to zero in a blink of the eye. You get a hot hole or area once in a while and you think you should be giving seminars on them then you won't see a fish for a week straight but your buddy ten feet away can't keep them off. Great looking fish snap.

SNAPFisher
06-01-2017, 12:03 PM
what ya usin' mate?

Sylvan whites are not selective. Just get the size right and have fun. I fly fish for them because the way the hook is presented is the best.

SNAPFisher
06-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Careful you don't get too attached to those overlooked whites. My favourite fish. They seldom the same fish from day to day always keep you guessing and a pure joy in the winter to pursue. Hero to zero in a blink of the eye. You get a hot hole or area once in a while and you think you should be giving seminars on them then you won't see a fish for a week straight but your buddy ten feet away can't keep them off. Great looking fish snap.

Thanks! I agree on the rest with the exception that Sylvan has never disappointed yet...year after year. It is a "special" place :)