PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at Carson

keepingitreal
05-29-2017, 10:05 AM
Good day, I wanted to know if anyone else has struggles out at carson. I was out there this weekend on staurday. And was able to haul in 1 fish. Nice size but only one. I watched some people carrying a limit or two by me, Just wondering if i am doing something wrong, or presenting my bait wrong. I have an array of power baits and colors.

I would guess that it all depends on the day ant time of day as well. Any inputs would be awesome.

Thanks

EZM
05-29-2017, 11:27 AM
For whatever reason, it seems to me power bait isn't the best bait for trout.

Good old velvetta cheese consistently out fishes little stocker rainbows probably 10 to 1.

Many lakes, many years of fishing, same results. Don't know why, it just does.

Give that a shot next time.

raab
05-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Get a couple panther martins in different colors. Try the different colors until you find one that works. Just depends how theyre feeling that day which color they like but I usually start with the rainbow color.

Moo Snukkle
05-29-2017, 12:38 PM
Ahhhhh Velveeta. Pulled a ton of trout out of Ashland Dam as a kid with the stuff. Roll into a small ball with snell hook inside and freeze. Way outfishes powerbait. X2 on trolling small Panther Martins at Carson. Yellow/ white and pink/white have produced for me.

keepingitreal
05-29-2017, 02:43 PM
I would have never guessed Velveeta cheese. Thanks I will try that out for sure. I dislike traveling from edmonton to whitecourt for one fish. I will let you guys know when i go next how it works.
Thanks for all the input. Enjoy this wonderful weather.

keepingitreal
05-29-2017, 02:47 PM
I just checked out those Panther Martins, Those are sick looking little suckers. I am going to pick up a bunch of them this payday.

Cheers

ROA
05-29-2017, 03:26 PM
Green with black spots in the smallest size is my go to Panther on that lake.

7magtime
05-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Ahhhhh Velveeta. Pulled a ton of trout out of Ashland Dam as a kid with the stuff. Roll into a small ball with snell hook inside and freeze. Way outfishes powerbait. X2 on trolling small Panther Martins at Carson. Yellow/ white and pink/white have produced for me.

X2 on the white/pink spinners, white/pink smaller spoons were working this past May long as well.....

keepingitreal
05-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Yesterday i picked up a nice block of velveeta cheese, Today i will be going and getting a bunch of panther martins. Thank you all for the tips. WE all know how ****ty it feels to get little action. Still lots of fun just getting away from the city.

Enjoy.