PDA

View Full Version : morinvill rez

Fishmaster
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM
so i tried fishing it yesterday from 11am to 2pm yesterday nd tried worms, powerbait, flies, not a single bite but when i was leavin at 2 i walked around the lake and i found about 5 dead suckers, i wonder if it might of winterkilled a bit but im not sure didnt see any dead perch or trout only suckers

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-26-2009, 07:28 PM
so i tried fishing it yesterday from 11am to 2pm yesterday nd tried worms, powerbait, flies, not a single bite but when i was leavin at 2 i walked around the lake and i found about 5 dead suckers, i wonder if it might of winterkilled a bit but im not sure didnt see any dead perch or trout only suckers

The little lake wont be dead but a little slow , just keep fishing it , Dew worms and drop shot rig = Slayage .

Fishmaster
04-26-2009, 11:09 PM
if i may ask whats a drop shot rig never heard of it

Alberta Bigbore
04-27-2009, 12:06 AM
The little lake wont be dead but a little slow , just keep fishing it , Dew worms and drop shot rig = Slayage .

a modern Drop Shot rig is not really suitable for pond fishing from shore with weedly shorelines such as morinville... more for working finesse baits and the like in the strike zones. better suited from a boat................. Unless BBJ is just meaning a bottom fishing rig using a spilt shot to hold the bait on the bottom, sort of like a slip sinker rig without the slip

Fishmaster
04-27-2009, 11:40 PM
ooohhh ok thanks guys i guess ill jujst take my bobber of lol but i love watcchin bites on bobbers, my father was in europe on christmas time brought me these nice painted bobbers and sopposingly they r really sensitive so i have been hopin to see a bite haha

eys8830
04-28-2009, 08:28 PM
what can you catch in the morinville rez?

lazer loop
04-28-2009, 08:35 PM
small trout and perch. Not sure if ppl are allowed to keep the perch now though.