PDA

View Full Version : A question about North Sask River

BucksBoarsandBulls
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Yesturday i was out for a walk with the gf and the dog and i saw 3 guys fishing by the outfall pipe of the goldbar plant here in edmonton... just wondering if thats legal. I assumed they were fishing catch and release, because of where they were fishing... in such proximity to a sewage treatment plant. but just incase i see them again i'd like to know one way or the other. thanks

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Awe no goodies with your fillets :lol::lol::lol::lol: :sick::sick::sick:

buckmaster
04-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Yesturday i was out for a walk with the gf and the dog and i saw 3 guys fishing by the outfall pipe of the goldbar plant here in edmonton... just wondering if thats legal. I assumed they were fishing catch and release, because of where they were fishing... in such proximity to a sewage treatment plant. but just incase i see them again i'd like to know one way or the other. thanks

fishing is year round and some species of fish may be kept, otherwise its C&R

-JR-
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
legal- yes

ACKLEY ABE
04-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Just a thought........but have you ever seen what pigs eat?

mikeym
04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
actually the water being discharged from the Goldbar treatment plant is extremely clean water. they do a lot of treatment to the sewage there before dumping it back into the river. it is pretty close to drinkable quality when it is discharged. not that i would ever drink it, but it is probably safer then the river water.

actually i don't think that the City dumps any raw sewage into the river anymore. it is all fed to the plant by sewer mains.

not to say that there isn't a huge build up of contaniments and heavy metals on the river bed from decades of dumping the raw sewage into the river before. and that is the main reason i would never eat something out of the NSR.

Mike

buckmaster
04-28-2009, 11:07 AM
actually the water being discharged from the Goldbar treatment plant is extremely clean water. they do a lot of treatment to the sewage there before dumping it back into the river. it is pretty close to drinkable quality when it is discharged. not that i would ever drink it, but it is probably safer then the river water.

actually i don't think that the City dumps any raw sewage into the river anymore. it is all fed to the plant by sewer mains.

not to say that there isn't a huge build up of contaniments and heavy metals on the river bed from decades of dumping the raw sewage into the river before. and that is the main reason i would never eat something out of the NSR.

Mike

The wastewater that is treated is 99.9% clean gets pumped to petrocanada as they re-use the water for re-fining fuel.The heavy metals in the river are naturally ocurring and not from sewage that used to be dumped.

Izumi
04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
The wastewater that is treated is 99.9% clean gets pumped to petrocanada as they re-use the water for re-fining fuel.The heavy metals in the river are naturally ocurring and not from sewage that used to be dumped.

Agreed about the metals, but I disagree about the discharge being close to 100% clean. Have a look at the discharge on google maps... Contrasting that with say E.L. Smith; that isn't clean.

mauserman
04-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Just so you know, the Tilapia you buy in the grocery store come from fish farm and are raised in sewage run off, it,s what they eat. Both human and animal.(as per program Dirty Jobs)

fish-man
04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
What kind of fish are caught, and on what lures/bait, at the sewage treatment plant? I've tried it a couple times and got nothing, but I've heard people have sucess there.

buckmaster
04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Agreed about the metals, but I disagree about the discharge being close to 100% clean. Have a look at the discharge on google maps... Contrasting that with say E.L. Smith; that isn't clean.

I am a employee with wastewater treatment/collection and yes it is 99.9% clean.E.L smith is water treatment not wastewater treatment.The goldbar wastewater treatment plant is recognized worldwide as a first class leader in wastewater treatment.

04-28-2009, 11:53 PM
I am a employee with wastewater treatment/collection and yes it is 99.9% clean.E.L smith is water treatment not wastewater treatment.The goldbar wastewater treatment plant is recognized worldwide as a first class leader in wastewater treatment.

:lol::lol:So does that mean your a first class poop handler :lol::lol::evilgrin:Mike told me to :evilgrin:

buckmaster
04-29-2009, 12:07 AM
:lol::lol:So does that mean your a first class poop handler :lol::lol::evilgrin:Mike told me to :evilgrin:

:lol::lol::lol: mike already forwarded your text message and said it is all lies!:evilgrin:

04-29-2009, 08:15 AM
:lol::lol::lol: mike already forwarded your text message and said it is all lies!:evilgrin:

All in good fun man he spoils alot of fun , maybe hes the poop handler :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Izumi
04-29-2009, 08:38 AM

The water coming out looks black; looks like a lot more dirty then 0.1%. Just calling it as I see it. I know the plants are not the same, but the discharge from EL is visibly a clean discharge.

buckmaster
04-29-2009, 01:23 PM
The water coming out looks black; looks like a lot more dirty then 0.1%. Just calling it as I see it. I know the plants are not the same, but the discharge from EL is visibly a clean discharge.

The black water that is discharged from e.l. smith and rossdale water treatment plants is a carbon/charcoal substance as part of filtering for drinking water.Hope that clarifies the black water you see.We get called out quite often to the river because people assume its a oil spill.

chanter
04-29-2009, 01:43 PM
The black water that is discharged from e.l. smith and rossdale water treatment plants is a carbon/charcoal substance as part of filtering for drinking water.Hope that clarifies the black water you see.We get called out quite often to the river because people assume its a oil spill.

Thanks for your input, while were on the subject- what plant in the edmonton area would have the "dirtiest" discharge or "least treated"?...

Alberta Bigbore
04-29-2009, 04:35 PM
All in good fun man he spoils alot of fun , maybe hes the poop handler :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah.. i handle poop :scared: Just cuz i dont come one here often doesnt mean people dont tell me wut your up to

Mhua hahahahaha:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah.. i handle poop :scared: Just cuz i dont come one here often doesnt mean people dont tell me wut your up to

Mhua hahahahaha:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

Uh so you got those kinds of buddys It all makes sence now , glad your secure with yourself . Anyway before I get myself in to much trouble going to sit around the fire .

Izumi
04-29-2009, 09:20 PM

Oh that does make sense, thanks for clarifying what that was, I was curious.

Alberta Bigbore
04-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Uh so you got those kinds of buddys It all makes sence now , glad your secure with yourself . Anyway before I get myself in to much trouble going to sit around the fire .

LOL. As soon as you text me saying what you did... Lino phoned me going " wtf" HAHAHAH. Dammit Peanut behave:D

04-30-2009, 08:27 AM
LOL. As soon as you text me saying what you did... Lino phoned me going " wtf" HAHAHAH. Dammit Peanut behave:D

:D:D:D Ok ill sit here and be a good little choir boy.