PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to set up new boat trailer

Girlsfishtoo
05-31-2017, 11:00 PM
Getting newer ez loader trailer how hard are they to adjust!?

catnthehat
05-31-2017, 11:07 PM
They are not difficult to adjust at all.
Bunks or rollers?
Just make sure that the bolts are tightened with lock nuts on the bunks so they can move but will not fall out.
Make sure the winch is set up so that the bow rides properly on it.
If the axle is too far forward or back however, you will have to move it so you have enough tongue weight to tow well but not so much that you throw the balance off .
Cat

Girlsfishtoo
05-31-2017, 11:41 PM
Thanks it's a ez loader bunk style, so you want the bunks to move!? It's just a fibreglass boat 16ft going on it

catnthehat
05-31-2017, 11:45 PM
Thanks it's a ez loader bunk style, so you want the bunks to move!? It's just a fibreglass boat 16ft going on it

Yup, they should be able too move with the hull as it goes on the trailer.
I keep mine fairly snug but they still move easily, and have lock nuts on them so the bolts do not fall off.
Cat

Sea Hawk
06-01-2017, 08:53 AM
To adjust for proper tongue weight, i move the winch mount ahead or back to get the boat to sit where you want it.

PerchBuster
06-01-2017, 09:06 PM
X2 adjust the position of the winch mount or Some trailers may have an adjustable tongue that can say be adjusted to accommodate let's say a 14' to 16' or 16' to 18' or whatever. My bunks don't move, maybe some flex, but not loose. Ideally You want your Transom straps to be able to lay snug and flush down the back of the transom whatever that angle may be on your boat when secured and perfectly straight down in alignment with the tie off point on the trailer for optimum results. Avoid setting it up where you are creating angles in your tie downs. From there adjust winch bracket so your winch roller should cradle perfectly on the bow. Some boats may also have a forward support bunk under the bow which can be adjusted along the main support beam if hauling a longer boat. Get the transom strap position right and you will know where your winch bracket needs to be snugged up. Good luck!