PDA

View Full Version : Wabamum town boat launch

briangeorge
06-01-2017, 05:53 AM
Was at Wabamum yesterday and noticed that the normal town dock was not installed. I used the long dock on the West side of the launch. It had 2 or 3 small docks attached to the main dock. I am assuming this is going to be the dock for the summer or does anyone know if the normal dock that was always on the East side of the launch is going to be installed yet.
On another note the wife and I fished for about 2 hours and the fishing was good. A few pike and lots of walleye. All were small which is good because it proves once again that the lake is producing well. Does anyone think that it may be possible for this lake to open again for keeping fish?
Thanks.

-JR-
06-01-2017, 07:11 PM
iIam sure once the dock is back in they will start charging $20.00
or where they charging all ready

waterninja
06-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Was at Wabamum yesterday and noticed that the normal town dock was not installed. I used the long dock on the West side of the launch. It had 2 or 3 small docks attached to the main dock. I am assuming this is going to be the dock for the summer or does anyone know if the normal dock that was always on the East side of the launch is going to be installed yet.
On another note the wife and I fished for about 2 hours and the fishing was good. A few pike and lots of walleye. All were small which is good because it proves once again that the lake is producing well. Does anyone think that it may be possible for this lake to open again for keeping fish?
Thanks.

What an interesting question. I used to fish it when there were monster Pike, lots of them, and you could keep them. Now, the Pike are being starved out by the Wallies. I predict that they will have to allow anglers to keep Walleye just so the Pike can survive. 4-5 years my guesstimate.

Don Meredith
06-02-2017, 06:20 AM
Thanks.

Can't speak about the docks but according to the current AEP Wabamun fish management update, the lake will not be open for keeping fish at least until 2020 when another test netting will occur. You can read more about it in my column in the July AO.

briangeorge
06-02-2017, 06:30 AM
iIam sure once the dock is back in they will start charging $20.00
or where they charging all ready

Oh Yes they are charging all ready.