PDA

View Full Version : A gun you would never sell?

dangerranger5143
06-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Hi all,

I was just looking through the safe at the collection that I have acquired. Started looking at the all and got to thinking. Do you have a gun you would never get rid of?

For me, it is my Savage 111 7mm Rem Mag that I received from my parents as a grad gift. It is always the first rifle to get packed for a hunting trip, no matter where we are going. That rifle has seen more field time then any other rifle I own. She has never let me down. Taken numerous Whitetail, a couple mule deer and my first moose. She loves the Winchester 160 grain Accubonds. Last summer I upgraded the scope. Went from the kit gun Simmons 3-9x40 to a Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x50 with the SR Pro reticle. This gun has never let me down and I couldn't imagine ever getting rid of it.

Got me thinking, does anyone else have a rifle they would never get rid of, and is always those go to.

Look forward to some interesting stories.

DR

Twisted Canuck
06-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Every time I think of thinning the herd, and selling, I find somebody interested, pull the firearm in question out of the safe.....and don't want to sell it. I spent years collecting them, they are all special to me. Hard to sell. If there was only one to hang on to? Too few!

My Remington M700 Boone & Crockett Edition in 7mm08 is my go to hunting rifle. Not for sale, ever. Other than that, it is mostly pistols I can't part with. My S&W 629 Hunter, not for sale. Colt Python set up from the Custom Shop for Bulls eye...not for sale. The list is going to get too long, really. I am slowly and painfully winnowing a few out, not because I don't want to keep them, but it's almost a shame to not share some of them with those who will get more use out of them. My Sig P220 Equinox....not for sale. Ruger GP100....not. Nickel Colt Python....Anaconda.....686 no dash, Model 66, Model 63, Model 27 28 29 57 14 15 17 19 .....too many to keep.

My kids all have their favorites in the crowd, so they will be passed on.

sns2
06-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Nope. Just wood, metal, and plastic to me. Inanimate objects that are made everyday. People are a different story.

Puma
06-01-2017, 10:14 PM
A couple that were left to me by hunting partners that have passed.

Remington Model 31 in 16 gauge, and an Anschutz in .22 rimfire.

I try to take them out once in a while for old times sake.

Cottus
06-01-2017, 10:18 PM
I'd have a really hard time getting rid of my Cooey "Ace." Been in the family since I don't know when (Great grandfather? Great-great grandfather?" Plus it's really little. Also my pump 12ga. super nova is very frickin versatile. Those two would probably be the last to go.

dangerranger5143
06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
I'm the same way. I'm a buyer not a seller. Recent purchases included: Marlin366 CS 30-30. Won't sell. Winchester Model 94 in 32 Special. Won't sell. BRNO Mauser in 270 Win won't sell. Winchester Model 70 Heavy barrel in 243. Won't sell. The list goes on and on.

I've shot every rifle I own and when I think about selling them, I hesitate. There are some that I look at and think, "do I really need you?" Some take a lot of convincing to part with.

DR

bat119
06-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Winchester 1902 .22 I traded a pair of skates for it when I was 12. Shot a barrel of grouse with it.

JD848
06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
nope. Just wood, metal, and plastic to me. Inanimate objects that are made everyday. People are a different story.

bang on the money x2

catnthehat
06-01-2017, 10:41 PM
A couple of family Heirlooms, this one among them.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/catnthehat/cat%20gun%20pics/colt1_zpsklqlvora.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/catnthehat/media/cat%20gun%20pics/colt1_zpsklqlvora.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/catnthehat/cat%20gun%20pics/colt2_zpsmvcgk4nn.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/catnthehat/media/cat%20gun%20pics/colt2_zpsmvcgk4nn.jpg.html)

Cat

dangerranger5143
06-01-2017, 10:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/catnthehat/cat%20gun%20pics/colt1_zpsklqlvora.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/catnthehat/media/cat%20gun%20pics/colt1_zpsklqlvora.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/catnthehat/cat%20gun%20pics/colt2_zpsmvcgk4nn.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/catnthehat/media/cat%20gun%20pics/colt2_zpsmvcgk4nn.jpg.html)

Cat

My father recently inherited one as well. A Ranger .22 Long rifle. Spent a couple days cleaning it up to get rid of the pitting and rust. Needs a good blueing treatment now but otherwise looks great. Would never dream of getting rid of it.

DR

Trax
06-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Not fancy or a collector just my favourite rifle for hunting, Rem 700, BDL, SS/Syn, DM, 270 Win, and accurate. I owned a lot but seem to always reach for this one.

wolf308
06-01-2017, 10:50 PM
My heavily modified and heavy 308/700 target rig

M1 garand

M40 /700 retro sniper rifle I lusted over, over the years and finally put together.

boah
06-01-2017, 10:51 PM
Nope. Just wood, metal, and plastic to me. Inanimate objects that are made everyday. People are a different story.
Ditto.

sns2
06-01-2017, 10:52 PM
I get no more sentimental about a gun than a hammer. To me, they are just tools.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

270person
06-01-2017, 10:52 PM
The Ruger 10/22 I bought back in 1979. I handle one of the current versions now and say "what the hell happened?"

sns2
06-01-2017, 10:53 PM
It's funny, you never hear guys talk about how attached they are to their compound bows.

catnthehat
06-01-2017, 10:56 PM
My heavily modified and heavy 308/700 target rig

M1 garand

M40 /700 retro sniper rifle I lusted over, over the years and finally put together.

You danged near sold me that sniper rig!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

MountainTi
06-01-2017, 10:58 PM
I get no more sentimental about a gun than a hammer. To me, they are just tools.

I have a few guns that mean something to me, handed down, story behind them, ect.....
I inherited one of my best friends main hunting rifle a couple months ago (most likely I will pack that gun and leave all the others behind for a good many years, and remember him by it), that gun as well as a few other will never leave. Your guns may be tools, but many of mine sure aren't

sns2
06-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Just giving my experience. Not yours. Unlike many, I do not think my opinion is any more valid than anyone else's opinion.

sns2
06-01-2017, 11:04 PM
When my father died 25 yrs ago, he left me his rifle and shotgun. I sold the rifle and used the cash to pay legal fees on the first house I bought. I struggled with that for a bit. After I got over that, everything was for sale. Easy come, easy go:)

roger
06-01-2017, 11:05 PM

agree with you sns. except for people they are made every day waaay to many of them. 7 billion and counting.

catnthehat
06-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Just giving my experience. Not yours. Unlike many, I do not think my opinion is any more valid than anyone else's opinion.

I don't think there is a single gun I own that I would not sell except for that Colt, and it's not even a high dollar piece, it is a family heirloom is all, so i don't consider it in my arsenal!:thinking-006:
Heck even my prized Westely Richards is for sale at the right price:sHa_shakeshout:
Cat

rugatika
06-01-2017, 11:44 PM
My dad's Ted Williams - Sears Roebuck 12g with a polychoke. Quite likely the least valuable gun I own. Never sell it.

260 Rem
06-01-2017, 11:48 PM
If nobody wants them, I'll take the Cooey 20 gauge I got when I was 11, and the Marlin 336 that I got when I was 14 ... in my casket. May need to rethink the cremation thing or at least get a long skinny urn.

Bushleague
06-01-2017, 11:56 PM

I dunno, I place a high price on sentimental value, and would never sell some of my belongings due to the memories attatched to them. Some of these things are very nearly worthless on a monetary level.

For rifles I have a Ruger M77 in .270 that I've hunted with for about 15 years, and an old Lee Enfield that's been in my extended family for several generations.

Bushleague
06-02-2017, 12:00 AM

I've got tools that I would never sell either... give away, to the right person yes, sell... never.

Fur
06-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Browning A-bolt 300wsm with BOSS. Took all my big game with it except one WT back in Ontario where I couldnt even shoot the thing without being on a range.

Never lets me down. Actually sold 23 guns this year. I had so much ammo stored that I decided to consolidate. Thought I could never sell again but after having guns sit in the safe without use for years I felt why keep them.

Savage99hunter
06-02-2017, 06:49 AM
It would break my heart to sell my custom shop Remington 700 in 25-06. However, I'm wanting to buy a house soon so that may have to go at some point. I'd love to keep my 16g model 1100 as well

Dick284
06-02-2017, 07:28 AM
The reality is, that everything is up for sale. It's just that some of the items will have a highly inflated price tag attached.

Things like my;
LH Rem 788 in .284Win.
LH Sako AV, in 25'06.
Pre 81 Browning BLR, in .358Win.
LH, Rem 700, in .280AI.
M1917, with S&L 1 in 14 twist .308Win.
M1 Garand, Breda Manuf.
No. 4 Mk 1*, Savage manuf.(full wood)

Groundhogger
06-02-2017, 07:45 AM
I used to think I had guns I'd never sell, but now..? I'm not sure I can "love" a gun but they're ALL more than just "tools" to me. My tools are piled on top of each other in tool boxes, in the cold garage. My guns? They're lovingly cleaned, oiled, and behind locked steel doors in my climate-controlled house. lol

As time goes on, my interests have evolved...and I think I'm also inclined to be more honest about what caliber I reach for most. (rimfires) Until a few years ago, in spite of the fact I shot rimfires most, they were the guns I spent the least on. Now..I look at the small collection of guns I "couldn't live without" and wondering if a couple should be sold-off to fund the new Anschutz 22 I'm pining for! :)

As for what I MIGHT never sell~the gun that probably qualifies is the first firearm I ever purchased with my own money, an Anschutz 1450 in .22LR...close to 30 years ago. The Remington 11-48 (12ga) I inherited from my grandfather OVER 30 years ago I'll never let go either...for a bunch of reasons. Probably only worth $250, I shot my first grouse with it, countless rounds of trap, etc. In fact, other than an oil wipe down of the externals, I probably put close to a thousand rounds through this gun before it even occurred to me to take it apart for a cleaning! lol Can I "love" a gun? Nope, but I can sure be fond of one that serves so well...and has allot of family history in it. Feel a sense of duty to keep it for my kids.

Twisted Canuck
06-02-2017, 07:56 AM

I can't say I get sentimental about my guns, I just really appreciate fine craftsmanship and like owning it. I could have been a swiss watch collector, but I got a Python first!

Maybe the only 'sentimental' thing I own is an old Krug swivel oak stool that came out of my dad's shop. I sat on that thing for many hours when I was a kid, 'watching' the counter, stamping his invoice books, coloring....it's a nice stool. probably 60-70 years old and still as solid as the day it was made.

patriot1
06-02-2017, 07:59 AM
There's nothing I own that I wouldn't sell for the right price under the right circumstances. Guns are mere objects that I enjoy but don't get attached to. They are readily available and always will be. I own my guns, my guns don't own me. They are ALL expendable.

catnthehat
06-02-2017, 08:00 AM
When it comes to leaving stuff to kids like guns and such, we sometimes forget that even though we hold a high sentimental value on some things, our kids may not .
There are only a few guns that I own that my son would consider keeping .
When my father was divesting himself of his guns he had explicit instructions - sell what I wanted and put in the family account or keep it , my choice .

I sold most of his match rifles except for a couple , the same with his shotguns .
What my son does with my rifles and shotguns will be left up to him , my favourite gun is surprisingly not his!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

Bushrat
06-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Had a few I said I'd never sell. I sold them......

silver lab
06-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Dads old husky in 30-06. Ive owned a pile of rifles and this old hunting rifle shoots the tightest groups of all of them.

Smokinyotes
06-02-2017, 11:22 AM
I wouldnt sell my Dads Remington model 12 pump 22 or my Grandfathers ithaca hammerless sxs 10ga or my 1895 CB 45/70 or my 1885 win 6.5x55 or any of my customs or long range guns. I guess really not much will ever be sold.

heybert
06-02-2017, 01:17 PM
I have a S&W Model 29 that I received for my 21st birthday. I will keep that with my Remington 700 Classic in 7mm RM. It's up to my children to do what they want, but I will not sell them. I also have a 3 and a 5 inch Model 27. When the time comes, they will probably go south and let my nephew decide what he wants to do with them. They're highly sought after down there.

Scott N
06-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Mine is this plain old 10/22 that my parents gave me for my 14th Christmas. I've had a few different scopes on it, but my mother passed away over 20 years ago, and my dad's health isn't very good these days. It's not that this couldn't be replaced with something a lot better, but this little rifle has a lot of sentimental value to me, plus all of the fun I've had with it in the almost 40 years I've owned it.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn93/ScottN01/P1000082.jpg

obsessed1
06-02-2017, 02:14 PM
I would not say I'd sell my guns for any price but I definitely would not sell them for what they are worth. To me their value is way higher than the going rate for each of them. However for the right price I think all of them could be moved on. BUT the price would be dear to the new owner:-)

madball
06-02-2017, 02:19 PM
If it came down to it and I needed the money and I had exhausted all other options all of my guns are for sale. But my BRNO #1 I got for Christmas when I was 8 would be the very last to go.

TACTICALSIXGUN
06-02-2017, 02:30 PM
I have so many guns that have been passed down that I would never sell, come cooeys an old Winchester 94 and my Winchester 250 I definitely could never sell.

Diesel_wiesel
06-02-2017, 04:23 PM
my two Browning gold 1o gauges and my Browning gold hunter 12 gauge
my grandson loves them and they go to him when my kick at the bucket comes

Twisted Canuck
06-02-2017, 04:46 PM
I have a S&W Model 29 that I received for my 21st birthday. I will keep that with my Remington 700 Classic in 7mm RM. It's up to my children to do what they want, but I will not sell them. I also have a 3 and a 5 inch Model 27. When the time comes, they will probably go south and let my nephew decide what he wants to do with them. They're highly sought after down there.

That sounds suspiciously like my list. I don't have a 3" 27-2 (no 12-6 on the RPAL), but I do have a 5", and a 6"...and a 29-2 as well. Beautiful guns. And also have a Model 700 CDL in 7mm RM topped with a Leica scope that is just too good a shooter to sell....If you were a drinker of fine scotch whisky, i'd say we were twins separated at birth!:)

YoungGun96
06-02-2017, 05:19 PM
I have 2 guns I could never sell. CZ 527 lux in 222 remington. It was a grad gift and for my purposes is the perfect gun. The other is a hand made cap and ball muzzle loader in 54 caliber that was made by Dale Freisen. Got the gun from the old boy who taught me tons about hunting. Both are never leaving my possession. Everything else could go if it had to.

couleefolk
06-02-2017, 05:27 PM
I agree that there are a few firearms that wouldn't be sold unless the price for it was so extreme that a person would just have to say yes. These are the 4th generation firearms that will just get passed on down the line. It was much easier to sell my father's firearms then to part with one of my own. I have only bought one firearm that didn't serve a purpose, and I only bought it because it was included with something I did want, but I could still make use out of it. It seems a lot of folks out there have no idea any more about heirlooms, even if they aren't worth much, they are still a part of your heritage.

6mm rem
06-02-2017, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't part with any of my 6mm rems especially my model 600 Mohawk:)

gitrdun
06-02-2017, 06:34 PM
As far as my own personal firearms go, they all have a price tag. But those that I would never sell are those that were inherited by my wife.

1. A Savage 6D rimfire. Although technically not mine, I really like this gun.

2. A Lakefield Mossberg .410 bolt action. That one could go if it were mine, but again, it's my wife's inheritance.

3. A Remington Wingmaster in 12 ga. She bought that with her babysitting money. It's absolutely gorgeous. I bought a new barrel for it with screw in Remchokes. I could part with it, but then again it isn't mine to sell.

4. Finally, is a Savage 1899B that I bought at auction with the intention to flip it. She fondled it and asked that I never sell it. So, I made it her's and now as I've gifted it, it is no longer mine.

My own personal guns can come and go. I don't fell any attachment. However if one were to want to purchase my Marlin .444 and my 788 in .222 Rem, they'd have to pay a premium price.

I have an Ugartechea 28 ga. that I won by purchasing tickets for $100.00. I've been offered $3500.00 for it. I don't think so.

Rio56
06-02-2017, 07:09 PM
M-65 Tikka in a 7RM
pre 64 win 88 in 308

they have been good to me and will never be on the trading block ...

oldgutpile
06-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Have a few custom jobs. One is a 458x2" american. Took a cougar, a few bears, and a bison with it. Built on a remington 600 action, and so light, it is a dream to pack in the rough country.
I have a growing number of sxs rifles. My 577/500 no.2 (black powder cartridge gun)has taken two black bears, two whitetails, and a moose. Really classic and a real favorite.
I love the odd and unusual for hunting with. I have many in both rifle and shotguns. The problem now, is I have to keep adding to the number of safes for storage. Can only hunt one at a time!

JD848
06-02-2017, 11:02 PM
My first was a tikka m65 7mm,i sold it 35 years ago and phoned the guy four months ago and I missed it by a week,i kept a sako 75 hunter in 7mm rm mag for 20 or so years and it's been my favorite for a long time,not just the gun but the memories behind it make up that gun.1997 was the first year I think when the model 75 m came out,i could be off by a year or so.

heybert
06-03-2017, 09:22 AM
That sounds suspiciously like my list. I don't have a 3" 27-2 (no 12-6 on the RPAL), but I do have a 5", and a 6"...and a 29-2 as well. Beautiful guns. And also have a Model 700 CDL in 7mm RM topped with a Leica scope that is just too good a shooter to sell....If you were a drinker of fine scotch whisky, i'd say we were twins separated at birth!:)

Alas, I do not know my way around the Scottish drink. I did have the opportunity to taste a few choice samples at a Scotch club in central London at one time. One of the samples tasted like bubble gum!

I envy your list as I do not have any Pythons.

The Spank
06-03-2017, 09:36 AM
I have more than one I would never sell and primarily for sentimental reasons. The first three were given to me about 15 years ago when my Grandparents decided they were no longer going to hunt.

1: Grandfather's Winchester Model 71 .348
2: Grandmother's Iver Johnson Champion .410
3: Great Grandfather's Model 64 Deluxe Carbine .30WCF

4: My beloved Winchester 101G DU50 12ga

My other guns I COULD part with but have no intention of.

58thecat
06-03-2017, 10:05 AM

What a beauty:)

honda610
06-03-2017, 10:30 PM
I could part with most of my modest collection if required. I don't like to sell any. The 4 I would not sell ever is my great uncles model 94 in .32 win he fed my forefathers with it. My dad's safari parker hale in 7mm. My old school 870 wingmaster. And I'll be buried with my stainless Bt-99.

oldgutpile
06-04-2017, 08:18 AM
I have more than one I would never sell and primarily for sentimental reasons. The first three were given to me about 15 years ago when my Grandparents decided they were no longer going to hunt.

1: Grandfather's Winchester Model 71 .348
2: Grandmother's Iver Johnson Champion .410
3: Great Grandfather's Model 64 Deluxe Carbine .30WCF

4: My beloved Winchester 101G DU50 12ga

My other guns I COULD part with but have no intention of.

Those are some great quality classics! You look after them, and chances are you could be passing them on to YOUR grandkids!

traderal
06-04-2017, 08:39 AM
A lot have passed through my hands, some I wish I had kept. However the one I will sell last is my 303 that shoots moa, and only because it's all the gun I really need.

Huntsman
06-04-2017, 10:16 AM
I'll never rid my Mossberg 410 Bolt action (granddad) Win 37 16ga (other granddad) Win 88 (dad) and my 94 30-30 (bro) and lastly my Lakefield Mossberg 22 (mom).
All others are at risk....

bb356
06-04-2017, 12:57 PM
9422 in 22 magnum .

mgvande
06-04-2017, 02:55 PM
I don't think there is a single gun I own that I would not sell except for that Colt, and it's not even a high dollar piece, it is a family heirloom is all, so i don't consider it in my arsenal!:thinking-006:
Heck even my prized Westely Richards is for sale at the right price:sHa_shakeshout:
Cat

Ok. So how much do you want for your Ruger #1 in 303brit?

catnthehat
06-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Ok. So how much do you want for your Ruger #1 in 303brit?

Five grand- but you get the Leupold Scope and QD Zeiss rings .:)
Cat

wolf308
06-05-2017, 04:33 PM
You danged near sold me that sniper rig!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

Nope. That was the m70 Winchester in 30-06 that the m40 replaced during Vietnam war I almost sold you.

Found a buyer in Calgary put the money to work on my 88 blazer red neck wagon

Okotokian
06-05-2017, 04:43 PM
The only gun I've had that I wouldn't sell was a sporterized Lee Enfield .303 that had belonged to my father-in-law. I gave it to my oldest son as I thought it would be more meaningful to him. Unless a gun belonged to someone meaningful to me or a family member, I would never classify it as unsellable. I don't get emotionally attached to my guns.

gitrdun
06-05-2017, 05:11 PM

Cat

That is a gorgeous piece. :)

bb356
06-05-2017, 10:29 PM
That is a gorgeous piece. :)

yup ... Cool Cat !!!

spinningchain1
06-05-2017, 11:17 PM
I have 2 i would never sell

Winchester 70 lightweight in 280rem
Remington 600 with the vent rib and all in 243win

Not easy to find guns especially in those cals

leeelmer
06-06-2017, 11:19 AM
358 Norma Mag in a custom Remington 700
Never sell it, took 12 years of harassing a friend of mine to finally have him sell it to me.
Its staying till it goes to one of my kids.

dfrobert
06-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Winchester Model 70 extreme weather 30-06

Winchester 94 Canadian Centennial un-fired in original box

mgvande
06-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Five grand- but you get the Leupold Scope and QD Zeiss rings .:)
Cat

Ouch

CranePete
06-06-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm with Bushleague on this one. Over the past 5 or 6 years, I've given more away than I've ever sold. All went to young folks that really had the desire to get into shooting sports, but not the means. Bit of a derail, sorry.. I do have a 1959 M70 in 300 that will likely never go away.

pintailslammer
06-10-2017, 12:09 AM
My guns not for sale are:
My dads Cooey's model 55,He paid for himself, In my safe and will be passed on to one of my boys.(ps: Looking for a front sight for it-1/2 dovetail)

Second is my Browing A-bolt medallion in a 22 magnum.A safe queen,only 5 rounds down the barrel by previous owner,

My Browning Sa-22,and the rest of my collection,Not for sale

Pin

Huntsman
06-10-2017, 04:39 AM
My guns not for sale are:
My dads Cooey's model 55,He paid for himself, In my safe and will be passed on to one of my boys.(ps: Looking for a front sight for it-1/2 dovetail)

Second is my Browing A-bolt medallion in a 22 magnum.A safe queen,only 5 rounds down the barrel by previous owner,

My Browning Sa-22,and the rest of my collection,Not for sale

Pin

The firearms I mentioned in my original post I will never rid or sell as they hold too much sentimental value such as yours which you listed.
All others are fair game.
I've test drove way too many that I'd have to sit down and with a pen and paper to list what has passed thru my hands. Some lasted less than a week!
It's just the way it goes.

"I can't have all the guns I want but I can atleast have them one at time"

catnthehat
06-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Ouch

1:Start with the Ruger action
2: add a set of Wolf springs
3: throw on a Kepplinger single set trigger
4: modify the cocking lever
5: add a McGowan barrel blank andchamber it in .303Brit
6: custom mill the quarter rib into the blank, contour to half round/ half octagon
7:install a Brno banded front sight and NECG rear Express sights .
8: add a AA fancy piece of walnut with Ebony fore end and shadow line cheekpiece and fit recoil pad
9:checker with 22LPI and add a pile of coats of finish
10:blue all the metal
12:D&T for a rail
13:add a set of Ziess QD rings and Leupold scope of choice
Yup , shouldn't be more than around, oh, $1,500 or so!:sHa_sarcasticlol::scared0018:
Cat

bobtodrick
06-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Can't say I can bear to sell any of them, and hopefully never have to because of financial issues.
Can't even bring myself to get rid of the boys Red Ryders they each got on their 6th birthdays, which they haven't shot for years.
A firearm is not added to our collection till I've thought about it for a good long while, and justified it's use...so nothing we have was a 'whim' purchase that easily parted with.

Flight01
06-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Winchester 70 lightweight in 280rem

Not a 600 but a 673 that I have. First rifle... first deer,first moose....
It may not be untouchable, but things would have to be gone sideways before she went up for sale.

My dads rem 700 in 308 is never being sold. Not my grandfathers 303 enfield

-JR-
06-10-2017, 10:35 AM
My first rifle I bought ,was in high school , Browning 22 lever.

bezzola
06-10-2017, 11:08 AM
It would be the husquvarna my dad gave.
It still shoots like new http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/bezzola1/9B8752EC-F0EE-4E59-BAE3-989BF2F0F946_zpsqvewytm5.jpg (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/bezzola1/media/9B8752EC-F0EE-4E59-BAE3-989BF2F0F946_zpsqvewytm5.jpg.html)

morinj
06-10-2017, 12:25 PM
I would probably never sell my Sako A7 soft touch chambered in .270, it is super accurate with moderately priced ammo, and the first rifle I ever purchased for myself!

sns2
06-10-2017, 12:30 PM
It still shoots like new http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/bezzola1/9B8752EC-F0EE-4E59-BAE3-989BF2F0F946_zpsqvewytm5.jpg (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/bezzola1/media/9B8752EC-F0EE-4E59-BAE3-989BF2F0F946_zpsqvewytm5.jpg.html)

I like your rifle, but I like your RV a whole lot more! Very nice rig!!!

mooseknuckle
06-10-2017, 10:26 PM
1912 srelingworth fox dbl barrel 12 gauge. My father gave it to me, and his father to him etc etc. Its a really nice gun, just needs the butt pad replaced. I hope someday to give it to my son. Problem being i have 3 sons.... not sure which one will get it.

wolf308
06-10-2017, 10:47 PM
1912 srelingworth fox dbl barrel 12 gauge. My father gave it to me, and his father to him etc etc. Its a really nice gun, just needs the butt pad replaced. I hope someday to give it to my son. Problem being i have 3 sons.... not sure which one will get it.

Sweet. Yes. I got one from 1910 s/n says. It's not worth much as wood has been replace here and there it looks like. But yeah. Shoots awesome. Crows and gophers don't stand a chance. Plus the 1 coyote I cornered at the farm. Haha. Got a barrell full of buck shot. Nighty night varmint !

bakerman
06-10-2017, 11:02 PM
My Win model 70 pre 64 30-06. My dad gave it to me when I turned 14 that one is not for sale.

BPM
06-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Pretty much everything I have is nothing special and are all replaceable. Sigs, H&K's, S&W's, IWI/MRI, Glocks, Rugers, etc, all mass produced tools. Nothing collectable about them other than perhaps where they were made (Austria/Germany/Israel vs USA remakes etc). I have some that I wouldn't sell at a loss that's for sure and would rather keep it than take a loss on them, but everything I have has a price. There are some I would sell before others, like any of my cheap 1911's. All the guns under a grand would be first to go. My 50AE would be one of the last to go even though its the least practical firearm I own. The main reason I bought it in the first place was because it was a deal I couldn't refuse. Were I to sell it and then want to buy another down the road, $3000+ bucks for a novelty hand gun just wouldn't make sense. That and nothing stops a course of fire like an unannounced blast from a 50. It's fun to reload, fun to shoot, fun to take slow motion videos of. It's a really fun gun to fire. So were I to sell it I would likely never own one again, and it would feel like having heated seats and Air conditioning in your vehicle and then buying a vehicle without. Once you've had it its not something you want to now go without. I'm fortunate to have that choice.

Obviously as someone mentioned if family was on the line and things were dire and kidneys needed to be bought and homes were to be lost then I would have to thin the heard, to nothing if that's what it took, but I don't like selling firearms, especially in this country. They have proven to be good investments thus far and shooting is my so called "Anti-Drug". It's my hobby. My friends embraced it, my wife embraced it, hell she even got a 1911 for her birthday a few years back when I took a gamble that she would like one of her own and she was so excited. (Segway: I pitty those poor bastards that have to sell their firearms because their spouse wont allow them) Plus I would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

That said now that I ponder, my Dads old Cooey 60 from Woolco would also never be sold willingly for no good reason for the simple fact it's worth next to nothing but it's also the gun I learned to shoot growing up, honing my skills and building a relationship with my old man that I cherish to this day and I would rather keep it and do nothing with other than reflect on my youth than give it away. It has the cliché sentimental value.

Maybe one day I will own a gun that is actually a bonefied collectable, but for right now I just like to shoot them and clean them and shoot them some more.

:fighting0030:

Norwest Alta
06-11-2017, 11:25 AM

Got 2 much like yours in 30-06 that are within 1000 serial numbers of each of other that my boys will be getting when the get settled.

For the right price anything is for sale but my price is often inflated. I've done a little trading lately that I'm happy with. Hopefully the other guy is happy to.

Fenrirson2012
06-15-2017, 11:14 PM
Most guns i own would be slightly inflated for me to sell, but there is one i would never sell, that would be my parker hale model 1200 super safari chambered in .270 win.
Great condition and was my first rifle.

New Hunter Okotoks
06-16-2017, 11:56 PM
A.H. Fox Sterlingworth 12 Gauge side by side with double triggers.

It was my Grandfather's Shotgun and he purchased it brand new. I do not have a son to pass this along to so it will be passed along to one of my daughters.

CMichaud
06-17-2017, 08:56 AM
This is my favorite rifle. Would have a hard time selling it...

It is a Long Lee that was carried by Trooper Garner from the Strathcona Horse during the Boer War.

Over the course of his service in South Africa, Alfred Garner etched his name as well as the names of the battles that he participated in on the butt of his Lee-Enfield rifle.

Engraved on his rifle were the following locations:

• PAARDEKOP
• AMESFOORT
• ERMELO
• CAROLINA
• TWYFLAAR
• BURGANDALE

On 4 September 1900, Pte Garner was severely injured at Badfontein. He was shot twice in the right thigh and once in the left shoulder. He would later be Mentioned in Dispatches for this action. Details of this action taken from the Regimental Diary state:

Wounded, No.98 Pte. Gamer, whose horse fell and prevented him from getting into the thick of the fight as soon as the others. Before he could join them he was severely wounded. One of the surgeons who was out shooting inside the outposts came up and dressed his wound. Some Boers were observed approaching but were stood off by the plucky surgeon with the aid of the wounded man's rifle.

http://i.imgur.com/WS7Pr4j.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XZ1JAwE.jpg

Wolftrapper
06-17-2017, 09:07 AM

It is a Long Lee that was carried by Trooper Garner from the Strathcona Horse during the Boer War.

Over the course of his service in South Africa, Alfred Garner etched his name as well as the names of the battles that he participated in on the butt of his Lee-Enfield rifle.

• PAARDEKOP
• AMESFOORT
• ERMELO
• CAROLINA
• TWYFLAAR
• BURGANDALE

On 4 September 1900, Pte Garner was severely injured at Badfontein. He was shot twice in the right thigh and once in the left shoulder. He would later be Mentioned in Dispatches for this action. Details of this action taken from the Regimental Diary state:

Wounded, No.98 Pte. Gamer, whose horse fell and prevented him from getting into the thick of the fight as soon as the others. Before he could join them he was severely wounded. One of the surgeons who was out shooting inside the outposts came up and dressed his wound. Some Boers were observed approaching but were stood off by the plucky surgeon with the aid of the wounded man's rifle.

Very cool. That's a great find.

6MT
06-17-2017, 09:40 AM
This is one I probably won't sell. A tack driver to a kilometre. And for a .223rem, that's darn good.

https://s20.postimg.org/ule6ncun1/DSCN0155.jpg

Prairiewolf
06-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Once you get looking at each gun there seems to be lots of reasons to keep each. If I have to...

*My Browning 7MM RM - my first rifle and the only one of mine that's killed any game.

*Dad's rifles: A Marlin 30-30 that's mint, his Smith and Wesson 7MM RM, and a very old 22 LR with stock feed - Winchester Super Speed?

Got a 22-250 on the buy and sell that nobody seems to want...

Tfng
06-17-2017, 10:04 AM
I've got two I'd never sell. It's not that they're special in any way except they have sentimental value.

A Remington 760 in .300sav I inherited from my grandfather. Much of the blueing is worn off and the stock has been sanded and oiled. I shot my first moose and deer with this rifle.

I've also got a Spanish made "El Faisan" folding double barrel .410 from my other grandfather. When my grandmother moved to town she gave it to me. She had kept it many years for scaring bears out of the yard. It's in very good shape but I'm unsure of its age. I can say he passed in '77 so it's at least that old.

Ahhh who am I kidding I'd never sell any of my guns out of my very small collection. They all have many great memories attached to them.

Pathfinder76
06-17-2017, 10:41 AM
I own rifles that are essentially irreplaceable. The tool argument doesn't hold water for me either. I don't know anyone that just buys and sells tools because the are, well, tools. Who does that? We buy and sell things that are toys not tools.

sillyak
06-21-2017, 06:23 PM
There is probably only one gun in my safe that would be a "never sell": My Ruger No. 1 in .300 H&H. I bought it as an engagement gift to myself so it has some sentimental value.

A couple milsurps I regret selling purley due to their value now! Prices have gotten crazy in milsurps the last few years. The only real regret I have selling wise is a 1942 Numbers matching, very good-excellent condition Enfield No. 4 with C broad arrow stamps all over. That was just a perfect example of what our countrymen carried into war. Don't know why I sold it and I'll have to buy another one someday.

sillyak
06-21-2017, 06:49 PM
I own rifles that are essentially irreplaceable. The tool argument doesn't hold water for me either. I don't know anyone that just buys and sells tools because the are, well, tools. Who does that? We buy and sell things that are toys not tools.

If you buy and sell a lot you're probably a gun nut and they are toys. Lots of people out there hunting with the same rifle for 30+ years, just own one or two. For them it's just another tool.

bb356
06-22-2017, 02:22 AM

yup ... except a marlin 336 would make a great crowbar :bad_boys_20:

gitrdun
06-22-2017, 06:49 AM

Ouch! :)

gtr
06-22-2017, 08:05 AM

Sometimes the truth hurts.:)

last minute
06-22-2017, 02:31 PM
A gun I wouldn't sell would be my Winchester model 70 in a 270cal it has served me well and still looks good. :)

Dam2406
06-22-2017, 02:38 PM
I have two, one is an Hopkins and Allen single 12 that I inherited from my Grand Father the other is a Browning pump 22 that was given to me by my aunt when I was 12 (some time ago) and it still smacks the hell out of the local goghers.

gitrdun
06-22-2017, 03:06 PM
I just sold a gun that I thought that I'd never sell. Something more wanted came up. :)

teledogs
06-22-2017, 04:30 PM
I have guns that I don't want to sell but so far I have 2 that I believe I won't sell and neither of them are high enders.

I tend to be a bit sentimental and my Tikka 7-08 means a lot to me. My son took his first deer with it after a horrible accident that happened just before hunting season when he was 13. His strength and determination to heal and be able to hunt that fall was nothing short of amazing. For this reason I am attached to it and feel proud to carry it.

The other is a family rifle that was willed to me. A BSA CF2 in 270 Win.

Thanks.

M.C. Gusto
06-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Vl63

Savage Bacon
12-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Guns are like tools with no sentimental value whatsoever? What if your grandfather gave you the hammer that he hand built their house with in the 20's? Would you keep it or toss the rusty piece of junk in the trash?

I have a 303 savage that my uncle gave me when I was just a kid. I think the reason he gave it to me was because the barrel was loose so it couldn't be fired and you can't find ammo for it.

Well a couple months ago my buddy Ron S fixed the barrel for me and I found tons of ammo. The gun shoots great and I love how fast the lever action goes through a box of rounds.

I'll never sell this gun

mediumrare
12-12-2017, 07:38 PM
My grandfather's model 88 i won't sell.was recently given to me by my father.i will pass it on to one of my boys but wouldn't sell it.

Dweb
12-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Old Georgie's 303 enfeild

Has a gouge for every animal he knocked down with it ....

There's a lot of gouges lol!!!

Wisebuck
12-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts.:)

Bought my marlin 336c .30.30 when I was 12. Saved all year and “borrowed “ a bit from dad to buy it. Now 51 and it has killed every deer species from black tail to whitetail. Moose and bear. Quite a few grouse too. A few squirrels and rabbits. Nope it’s a hand me down now for hopefully a few generations to come in the family. My will states it cannot ever be sold outside the family. Hopefully generations to come abide that.

SlightlyDistracting
12-12-2017, 08:07 PM
My 22-250. Actually its a .22 varminter.
Built by my grandads brother. Was passed to my father and then to me. Its old. Not sure how many rounds. Grandpa shot a lot of yotes protecting his cattle.
Its still stupid accurate. I luv it so much I bought another 22-250 so I can pass this one on

Mulehahn
12-12-2017, 08:20 PM
I have quite a few guns I would never sell. Personally, I generally don't buy a gun unless I have a use for it. Each one fills a niche. In rifles I have one for extreme weather, dense bush, open plains, big big game, long distance, target, saddle gun, coyote gun, and so on. In shotguns I have one for trap, one for the duck hunting in the kayak, one for camp defence, one for upland, just picked a semi for ducks but will keep the pump as a back up. Then there is the 22s. Have one for target 22, plinking, the youth training, and another for hunting. Yes I could use some of these for double or triple duty but I like to have the proper tool for the job. If I sell one I will just be looking to replace it so don't see the point. I guess eventually some will break but until then I am content.

I like the analogy of the hammer earlier. I have a lot of those to. Claw hammer, framing hammers, roofing hammers, sledge hammer, dead blow hammers, mallets, the list goes on. Each one has a purpose and if I sold it I would go buy a new one so I just keep them. Sure some may only get used every couple of years, but when I need it, it sure makes the job a whole lot easier and more pleasant.

SamSteele
12-13-2017, 09:50 AM
My Winchester pre-64 M70 in .220 Swift that my maternal grandfather bought new and my Colt Official Police in .38 Special that was my paternal Grandfathers will never be sold.

My go to hunting rig is my fathers M77 in .30-06. He passed away the week before we were slated to go on our first moose hunt together so I carry it as a way to have him along with me.

Moo Snukkle
12-13-2017, 11:17 AM
I've got 2 deuces that will be with me till death. Tikka stainless walnut and a Browning Blr. I could never replace them.

Okotokian
12-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Deceased father-in-law's sporterized WWII Lee Enfield .303. I personally don't have any sentimental attachment to it but my wife and sons seem to. Both sons shoot it on occasion and have hunted with it. Everything else in the cabinet is just a gun, and is disposable or replaceable.

stob
12-13-2017, 11:36 AM
already sold it years ago for 2700cdn Model 21 16 ga 28" m/f exhibition grade wood ... splinter fore end ... stupid stupid stupid ... paid 1200cdn for it of the used shelf at the old Guncraft ... wonder what that would be worth today @*F#n

play.soccer
12-13-2017, 01:48 PM
My first rifle CZ Style .22lr, first hunting rifle Vanguard .308win and my Win94 trapper and Win94 AB diamond jubilee. The rest I can't find myself saying "I'll never sell"

Newview01
12-13-2017, 01:56 PM
What guns :thinking-006:

dshot
12-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Grandpas 68 Browning Auto 5
Pretty sure the barrel is crooked, cant seem to hit any ducks with it....:thinking-006:

Scottmisfits
12-13-2017, 04:55 PM
My grandfathers M1917 30-06. The metal looks like hell but it shoots. I’ve never done any load development for it but just today I loaded up 27 rounds for it, 9 in each of three different powders. It really does like Federal PowerShoks in 150 grains though.

schreyer
12-13-2017, 06:05 PM
A gun I would never sell? An old stevens 12 gauge passed down to me from my grandfather. Tried to find parts for it for a long time to fix it up. But to no avail, yet...

sgill808
12-13-2017, 06:39 PM
I have a Tikka T3 laminated stainless in 7 rem mag that I received for my first fathers day.

Positrac
12-13-2017, 06:47 PM

My brother in law has one in 6.5 Remington Magnum. Beautiful gun.

Positrac
12-13-2017, 06:52 PM
I have a Winchester model 63 in .22LR that has been in the family for approximately 75 years. It’s in beautiful shape too. I wouldn’t get rid of it for anything.

The rest I’d sell for the right price.

gtr
12-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Winchester 88 in 358 are getting tougher to find!

bessiedog
12-13-2017, 07:27 PM
I own 4 rifles for big game. I have an unhealthy attachment to all of them. For whatever reason I feel their more like companions than tools.....

I’ll never part with my .303. After using it exclusively for 20 years... it just feels molded to my hand. It shoots and handles like it a part of me.

My shotties..... meh..

NinjaHunter
12-13-2017, 07:52 PM
I'll never sell my tikka t3~
Trigger on it is so crisp.

Saskieboy
12-13-2017, 08:24 PM
I will not sell my great uncles .308 Winchester 88 that he left me. It has taken a lot of Moose,deer & Elk. It was pretty beat up when I received it from ridding around in is 4x4 in the window rack or behind the seat in rural northern BC. At 15 I took the stock into carpentry class & refinished it & reblued the metal. It has been through the ringer I'm sure but still shoots tight groups with a wide variety of ammo & bullit weights. I have taught a lot of kids how to shoot with it & they all have taken their first deer with it. The other is my Browning A-Bolt with the boss in 25/06 shoots better than any custom rifle I have seen at the range that cost an arm & a leg. I would love to see what the best shooters could do with it,& then watch their face as the see that it shoots better than the expensive rig they have!

rembo
12-13-2017, 09:08 PM
I'd have to pick my 280AI custom for this category. Reason being in late 2011, early 2012 I put together 2 almost identical 700's, one LH and one RH. Righty for me, lefty for my oldest son. Both built on late 70's 700 actions. Both have McMillan Edge handles and 9" twist #2 Shilen barrels. LH @ 22", mine @ 23". Mine wears a Rifle Basix trigger, the lefty wears a Timney. Both have PT&G firing pin assemblies. They are also black nitrided. Eric has taken a few animals and put a lot of miles on his and it shows. He says he'll never part with it. As long as he has his, I'll have mine.

flyguyd
12-13-2017, 09:15 PM
I have 2 both heirlooms. A 1917 produced Savage 99 takedown in 250-3000 that was my maternal grandfathers. The other is a 1932 produced Winchester model 70 in 270 win that was my Paternal grandfathers:bad_boys_20:

huntinstuff
12-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Mine mean nothing to me

I’d sell them with no issues

Good tools, but no emotional or sentimental attachment

bsmitty27
12-13-2017, 10:47 PM
I have a couple I wouldn't sell unless I got a really good price for them! 8-) they are becoming harder to come by. I have one from my father in law I won't sell. He gave it to me shooting 2' groups. Had to do some figureing, then cut 2" off the barrel to getrid of the buldge. Shoots great now. I'm not attached to it. But I won't sell it because it was a gift.

3freewheels
12-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Sell a gun? Bahahaha, as if. No, just no.

Timothy
12-15-2017, 09:22 PM
More a matter of which safe to get next.

therealj
12-17-2017, 12:32 AM
My lefty Browning X-Bolt hunter 243....have always wanted one, picked it up by fluke in Kelowna at WSS for $650 + the $75 rebate yesterday. Went in thinking I was buying an Axis 270 that was the only lefty in the shop and the guy tells me about the Browning I missed when I scoured the rack a couple days prior for some lefties. I've wanted one for a couple years in this exact caliber, pretty happy with the price and purchase.

whitefish
01-03-2018, 07:22 PM
My dads old 1954 Marlin 30-30 (first gun given to me) and my Browning A-Bolt in 300WM (first gun I bought).

Mayhem42
01-04-2018, 07:24 PM
My Grandpa’s 6.5x55 model 70 Fwt, amd his ‘68 870 wingmaster.

Few last to go - 44 and 30/30 788’s, original production 224 varmint master with weatherby scope,

Chief16
01-04-2018, 07:41 PM
I have only recently bought my first gun this summer, but my grandfather gave me his grandfathers winchester model 12 this summer as well with the serial number dating to the late 1929 if I recall correctly and has been in my family for that long. Gun is always past on to the oldest boy but my father does not hunt or use guns so it was given to me. Still has the original leather gun case with my great great grandfather's initials on it. Shot a few rounds through it this fall and plan on using it bird hunting next season.

diamond k
01-04-2018, 08:24 PM
30-06 Winchester that I got from one of my best friends who passed away a coupe of weeks ago after a epic battle with brain cancer.
Nothing special about the gun but everything special about the memories attached

handofzeus
01-12-2018, 05:24 PM
I can't see myself parting with my S&W model 29-2. It's mint doesn't look fired at all. I've never fired it and have no plans to. Every now and then I take it out to oil and polish then away it goes. If I feel the need for .44 caliber smiles I pull out the Taurus or Rugers.

geezer
01-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Most of my best Mannlicher Schoenauer Full Stock Carbines will never leave, Model 1903's in 6X54mm, Model 1908's in 8X56mm, and a Model 1910 9X57 Nitro Express, all just too darn beautiful for the eye to behold, let be cycle the action or shoot.
Passing them down to the young'ins after I'm gone, as it should be.
That said,
the more banged up MS examples I have they can do as they wish with.

bezzola
01-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Never sell the 270 huskavarna that my dad left to me

gtr
01-15-2018, 08:40 AM
30-06 Winchester that I got from one of my best friends who passed away a coupe of weeks ago after a epic battle with brain cancer.
Nothing special about the gun but everything special about the memories attached

That says a lot about you, and your friend right there.

Gregg
01-15-2018, 07:01 PM
I have a Sako 995 in 270 I have shot a lot of deer with.

Sitting Bull
01-16-2018, 07:05 PM
My Winchester pre-64 M70 in .220 Swift that my maternal grandfather bought new and my Colt Official Police in .38 Special that was my paternal Grandfathers will never be sold.

My go to hunting rig is my fathers M77 in .30-06. He passed away the week before we were slated to go on our first moose hunt together so I carry it as a way to have him along with me.

Beautiful !

winchtr
01-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Pre-64 Model 94 Winchester .30-.30 re-conditioned and re-chambered in the 70’s by Elwood Epps (Ontario). This one-of-a-kind Rifle was considered to be a true ‘wildcat’ at it was re-chambered to .35 -30/30 by Mr. Epps. I had purchased this firearm in the early 80’s in Yellowknife,NWT at a Public Trustee sale and it came with a set of RCBS dies. Has been a “Safe Queen” since than but brings back memories of time spent in the NWT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

abhunter8
01-17-2018, 09:45 AM
I have a few that I wish I didn't sell! :sign0176:

pvh
01-19-2018, 07:25 PM
The 3 guns I will never sell are also my go-to guns, from deer to moose when hunting heavy timber it's my Marlin .444, in the open country it's my Ruger 77RS .35 Whelen and for coyotes it's my Savage 99 22-250. That being said in my earlier years of collecting I did sell a few that I've deeply regretted and still have nightmares about.

wildbill
01-19-2018, 07:41 PM
I'll never sell my tikka t3~
Trigger on it is so crisp.

What cal?

wildbill
01-19-2018, 07:53 PM
My 22-250. Actually its a .22 varminter.
Built by my grandads brother. Was passed to my father and then to me. Its old. Not sure how many rounds. Grandpa shot a lot of yotes protecting his cattle.
Its still stupid accurate. I luv it so much I bought another 22-250 so I can pass this one on

That’s a sexy unit there!

HuntinGuy
01-19-2018, 10:57 PM
My Rem model 725 in 280! She’s a beauty, great condition. I think it’s a ‘61 or ‘62 and shoots better than all my new fancy hunting rigs. But it’s to pretty, it’s just a safe queen now, I bring it to the rang now and then .. after about 5 shots with the metal butt plate is all you need;)

I though I’d never sell a gun until I bought a new Marlin 45-70 guide gun a couple years ago. What a piece of junk, every moving piece on that gun had an extra 1/4 inch of play.. rattled like crazy sold it off fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillbilly 12
01-19-2018, 11:14 PM
An AK-47, if I only owned one!!

Viking Caliber
01-20-2018, 12:25 PM
1. Henry lever action .22 mag. Brother bought it for me for fathers day one year day after we were gopher shooting. Took my first snowshoe hare with it on my first hunting trip.
Plan to pass it on to my kids when I am unable to hunt.

2. SKS 1950's 7.62x39, first rifle I ever bought myself for B day and Christmas Matching serial numbers on all the parts

3. 1940's Mosin Nagant 91/30 7.62x54R, matching serial numbers on all parts

Both of these rifles taught me what the soldiers faced first hand, those who served before me, as I followed in their footsteps by serving my country.

Yes I know these are not allied rifles, however I bought them because I like all things Military and like learning military history, I have plans to find authentic functioning rifles that the Canadians and Americans used during the wars, to add to my collection.

4. Marlin .22LR Rifle Bolt action, First rifle I bought for my son who is just breaking into the shooting scene.

I would never sell these.

YoteStopper
01-20-2018, 07:28 PM
I'm only really attached to one, that would be hard to replace. Winchester M70 High Grade with an outstanding stock.

Bellero
01-20-2018, 07:58 PM
I rarely sell guns but I definitely wouldn't sell these

https://i.imgur.com/HHH46yq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zJFbUhD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wq0zYyA.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/DEKzSyv.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/JlKQGqp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0wI3fSr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FkhGecU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/n8ixECS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/P8Wkero.jpg

elkhunter11
01-20-2018, 08:04 PM
All of my firearms are for sale, but if I don't feel like selling a certain firearm, you won't like my price.:)

expedition
01-20-2018, 08:11 PM
My rem 600 in 308 . Never sell. Brought me a lot of luck hunting!!!

Olive skate
10-21-2020, 03:07 PM
Two ithaca over indeed - 500 12g and 600 20g. Took me years to find them.

Steelhorse Cowboy
10-21-2020, 11:15 PM
Brno 21H chambered in 7x57
Double set triggers and has the old 3x original factory scope with the heavy German post.
Was Pappy's, now mine, and will be be handed down to the kiddo in "few" yrs.

maudite
10-22-2020, 07:39 AM
Here are a couple I wouldn t sell

My greener rook rifle in 22lr though you can't see in the pic it is fully engraved

https://i.postimg.cc/X73vs3Gd/image.jpg

My BSA Lee Speed
https://i.postimg.cc/k5CJ9jMT/image.jpg

lattery1
10-22-2020, 07:39 AM
For me my keep forever rifle is a Remington 700 338 win. Not much special about the rifle but inside the butt stock are 3 small baggies of ashes. One each for my dad and 2 uncles that I loved to hunt with.
I am sure that some fay in the future someone will find those and wonder what the hell they are. :)

58thecat
10-22-2020, 08:38 AM

• PAARDEKOP
• AMESFOORT
• ERMELO
• CAROLINA
• TWYFLAAR
• BURGANDALE

A truly beautiful rifle and story to go with it....priceless....PERSEVERANCE...

bezzola
10-22-2020, 09:11 AM
My huskivarna 270 my dad left me

Outbound
10-22-2020, 09:13 AM
My Remington 700 SPS DM in 7mm Rem Mag. I recieved it from my parents as my high school grad gift.

shortgrub
10-22-2020, 12:36 PM
Have a few custom jobs. One is a 458x2" american. Took a cougar, a few bears, and a bison with it. Built on a remington 600 action, and so light, it is a dream to pack in the rough country.
I have a growing number of sxs rifles. My 577/500 no.2 (black powder cartridge gun)has taken two black bears, two whitetails, and a moose. Really classic and a real favorite.
I love the odd and unusual for hunting with. I have many in both rifle and shotguns. The problem now, is I have to keep adding to the number of safes for storage. Can only hunt one at a time!

a beautiful double in 9.3x74, a highwall from Cat in the Hat, and two from my uncle pre 64 win mod 70, and mod 600 laminate stock, vent rib in 350 rem plus the swollen trigger guard

brewster29
10-25-2020, 10:52 PM
I know you should never say never...so I won't.

I have no plans to sell my Rem 788 lefty in 6 mm Rem.
I have no plans to sell my Rem 700 lh in 340 Wby.
I have no plans to sell my very early production Forbes 24 lefty in 280 Rem. It's a poor man's NULA. It will be the last man standing in my gun safe.
I have no plans to sell my JM Marlin guide gun 45-70.
I have no plans to sell my S&W 629 classic.
I promised to never sell my Rem 700 LSS lefty in 300 WM when it was given to me.

All the rest are subject to sale or may become trade bait as new or more interesting shiny toys attract my attention.

6.5 shooter
10-26-2020, 09:38 AM
I never thought I would sell a Cooey/Winchester model 600, running rabbit .22, Which was the first rifle I ever owned but after a "gunsmith" replaced the bolt with the wrong bolt....It went kicking rocks down the road, still miss that rifle.

58thecat
10-26-2020, 10:38 AM

• PAARDEKOP
• AMESFOORT
• ERMELO
• CAROLINA
• TWYFLAAR
• BURGANDALE

a good read....

https://canadaatwarblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/canadas-strathconas-horse-in-the-second-south-african-war-1899/

The following warrant and non-commissioned officers and men have been brought
to my notice as having specially distinguished themselves:—
Regimental Serjeant-Major J. Hynes.
No. 517 Sergeant H.W. Nelles.
No. 87 Armourer-Sergeant J. R. Brigham.
No. 457 Corporal A. K. McLellan.
No. 35 Private C. W. Rooke.
No. 476 Private G. Gamsby.
No. 362 Private W. F. Graham.
No. 98 Private A. C. Garner.

Mr.Crumbz
10-27-2020, 02:02 PM
Ive regretted just about everything I’ve sold to date; firearms and optics. I think I’ve learned my lessons and won’t be parting with anything else under my will!.... well maybe I could be persuaded to part with an SKS; with the going rate now a days it’s sure tempting!

Mr.Crumbz
10-27-2020, 02:04 PM

• PAARDEKOP
• AMESFOORT
• ERMELO
• CAROLINA
• TWYFLAAR
• BURGANDALE

I would be honoured to possess something with that much history. Gorgeous rifle, hope you still take it out once in a while....

35 whelen
10-27-2020, 02:09 PM
Probably my Marlin 444 had it about 30 years will get passed down to my grandson just got it refurbished and blue last year looks brand new for a forty-year-old gunhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201027/4234413eb2c42fd034c28349cf6ac597.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Trochu
10-27-2020, 02:34 PM
All of my firearms are for sale, but if I don't feel like selling a certain firearm, you won't like my price.:)

Yup. Have some that I wouldn't sell for 2x, 3x the book value. Offer me $100k and it's yours though. :)

Positrac
10-27-2020, 02:46 PM
I’ve sold every gun I’ve had at one time or the other, so I’m out...

leaffan
11-01-2020, 08:48 PM
I have 2 i will never sell a winchester model 12 my mother purchased second hand in the early sixties for the sum of 35 hard earned dollars. second one was my first new rifle. a Tikka M695 in 7mm rem mag that was 855 dollars

DanJ
11-14-2020, 09:49 PM
I would never sell my Ithaca 37S 12 ga pump. Grandad bought it as a gift for Dad when he came home from the war. It was the only shotgun I hunted with from the day I turned 16 until I bought a 20 ga at age 46. I still think it has a sweeter feel and action than anything you can buy off the shelf today.

stob
11-14-2020, 11:36 PM
I’ve sold every gun I’ve had at one time or the other, so I’m out...

I think this speaks to many of us..we just churn the inventory

M.C. Gusto
11-15-2020, 11:09 AM
My VL63 Finnwolf

kujoseto
11-15-2020, 04:21 PM
As others have mentioned, any gun of mine can be had for a high enough price.
But before the boating accident where I lost all my guns never to be recovered... the top of my list would be the 1905 Mannlicher Schoenauer in 9x57
147gr hornady XTP
170gr hornady interlock (thanks to the 350 legend!)
250gr Hawk

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201115/aa6a3b999fbed8ac6d284b95e3775558.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201115/1eed6c151344e53fed354ade62fe17f0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201115/22ab77b3fe959ced0fd32a06c52134ed.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201115/1bd35bf5d7ca527b102e2eb73f8fb323.jpg

6MT
11-15-2020, 05:44 PM
Mine is just a simple .308win rifle.

https://i.postimg.cc/rmFG0dXd/DSCN2002.jpg

Just had it re-barrelled. Shoots 185gr Juggernaughts very well out to 1300m. I look forward to spring and trying to reach a mile consistently. (Not rainbow prayer shots.)

Positrac
11-15-2020, 05:59 PM
For me my keep forever rifle is a Remington 700 338 win. Not much special about the rifle but inside the butt stock are 3 small baggies of ashes. One each for my dad and 2 uncles that I loved to hunt with.
I am sure that some fay in the future someone will find those and wonder what the hell they are. :)

What a great sentiment. I love the idea they get to go with you each time you’re out for a hunt. That’s pretty cool.

prarie_boy1
11-15-2020, 10:13 PM
Mine is just a simple .308win rifle.

https://i.postimg.cc/rmFG0dXd/DSCN2002.jpg

Just had it re-barrelled. Shoots 185gr Juggernaughts very well out to 1300m. I look forward to spring and trying to reach a mile consistently. (Not rainbow prayer shots.)

What are the barrel specs on your coyote?

6MT
11-16-2020, 09:02 PM
What are the barrel specs on your coyote?

Kreiger 17 contour heavy Varmint (17MTU) 1:9” twist, finished at 28”. Freebore +.170”. Cerakoted and topped off with a Heathen brake.

byronick87
11-17-2020, 02:47 AM
I wish I could keep em all but if I had a gun to my head, it would be my NZ\canadian rangers no4.
I just added the cheek piece as well as an ati scope mount with a vx-2.
Shoots 1.5" at 100yds

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TN2FJLjURXj2jLw98

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TN2FJLjURXj2jLw98

Konatodd
11-17-2020, 07:41 PM
I probably wouldn’t sell any of my guns, but 2 for sure I wouldn’t sell are my Model 600 Remington 6.5 mag and my Weatherby Mark V deluxe 300 WBY Mag that my dad bought new way back in 1974, beautiful gun.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201118/468cd14b080901ced3e13f127f3d6058.jpg
I really love my Model 600, nice, short and light! It’s taken down a lot of game over the last 5 or so decades!....Lol

mikhughe
11-23-2020, 07:48 PM
I have a Stevens 20 gauge bolt action from the 1930's. Kicks like a donkey, so it's not so much fun to shoot.

It's ugly and cheap. You've seen them around. Might get $100 dollars for it, so it's not worth my time to sell.

That. and my grandfather took his first deer with it. His three sons took their first deer with it. And now I have it (but didn't use it to shoot a deer).

The rest can come and go. Although, I doubt I'll get much for my 870 express that's pumped out almost 20,000 rounds. Or the 7x57 I learned refinishing on.

teledogs
11-23-2020, 07:52 PM
I just sold a rifle I had listed as I would never sell. Things change! LOL!:sHa_sarcasticlol: