Is it worth the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodgeboy1979
06-04-2017, 08:27 AM
yup real big walleye and big pike.

horse shoer
06-04-2017, 08:53 PM
yup real big walleye and big pike.

Awesome thanks man. I am working in north battleford right now. Might find a day and head there.

neilsledder
06-04-2017, 09:02 PM
My aunt caught a 29lbs pike out there last year. My parents and my aunt and uncle were fishing there last year for a week. They said it was a bit slow but the fish they did catch were all really nice.

Habfan
06-04-2017, 10:01 PM
My aunt caught a 29lbs pike out there last year. My parents and my aunt and uncle were fishing there last year for a week. They said it was a bit slow but the fish they did catch were all really nice.

It's a big lake and a different kind of fishing than most western lakes. The methods on Dore are more similar to Great Lakes fishing. Trolling planer boards and pulling crankbaits in the middle of the lake will produce many large fish. Lots of fish roam the whole water column looking for schools of tullibee and whites.

neilsledder
06-05-2017, 08:42 AM
It's a big lake and a different kind of fishing than most western lakes. The methods on Dore are more similar to Great Lakes fishing. Trolling planer boards and pulling crankbaits in the middle of the lake will produce many large fish. Lots of fish roam the whole water column looking for schools of tullibee and whites.

Yah my dad is pretty stuck on his old way of fishing and not trying anything new.

aulrich
06-05-2017, 10:45 AM
This time of year, normal pike fishing works fine, the big girls go deep mid July though most years there is a decent supply of eaters (26"-32") but you have to be prepared to make a long run of the various spots.

I have yet to see anyone running planner boards but I don't doubt it. I was going to try trolling dipsys over some mid lake structure last year but we got blown off of the lake for most of my week off.

But even still I like to spend evenings just messing about on the kayak in front of the cabin and we are literally miles from typical pike cover but if there is bait around you can put a nice pike or wally in the boat and they are usually bigger fish.