PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer river water condition

kostianych
06-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Hello
Just wandering what is the water conditio of the RDR around Drumheller......
Whant to take my 8 yo's fishinf this weekend.
Thanks
K

mulecrazy
06-06-2017, 04:21 PM
way too high for fishing. gonna be at least a month before the runoff is done.

kostianych
06-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Thanks

fishstix
06-07-2017, 07:18 AM
The red deer river is flowing at 105 cubic meters per second. It will definatly be ok to fish. Maybe not low and clear bit far from a blow out.
Get the alberta river flow app. Its free.

SNAPFisher
06-07-2017, 07:59 AM
The red deer river is flowing at 105 cubic meters per second. It will definatly be ok to fish. Maybe not low and clear bit far from a blow out.
Get the alberta river flow app. Its free.

Yep, just what he said. Fished it below Dixon on Sunday and did well on goldeye. No big RMH but still a good morning. Count on double the jet boats as what I saw. With the higher water, jetting is easier and more places accessible.

Jigger
06-07-2017, 10:18 AM
still good to fish, maybe if your ok catching logs and branches maybe a sucker. Dont waste your time driving all the way to drum to fish it when its this high and muddy, looks like chocolate milk right now lol. Usually it is much better conditions closer to the dam by the time it gets to drum not so much.

mulecrazy
06-08-2017, 06:22 AM
still good to fish, maybe if your ok catching logs and branches maybe a sucker. Dont waste your time driving all the way to drum to fish it when its this high and muddy, looks like chocolate milk right now lol. Usually it is much better conditions closer to the dam by the time it gets to drum not so much.

Exactly this, 3 days ago. However, I noticed yesterday that the level in drum has dropped a ton just in the past 2 days. a lot clearer now as well. I guess they cut flow back at Dixon a few days ago. You can actually see riverbank instead of it being water to the brush like it has been. I could see a guy catching a few fish not.