PDA

View Full Version : Abraham Lake area?

Supermag
06-08-2017, 10:02 AM
It seems like since becoming an adult, one has less and less time to do the things we love. I used to fish like a madman, but over the years it's trickled down to maybe a handful of times a year. My boys are old enough now that they are getting into it so I think that will change a bit though. :D

I have a rare weekend out with the boys this weekend by the Bighorn Dam and am definitely going to wet a hook!

I've never fished the area at all and would appreciate any tips if someone could help me out!

Thanks!

Supermag

dangerranger5143
06-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Give the Bighorn River a shot. We park at Cresent Falls and hike up stream of the falls. Haven't being up there this year so can't report river conditions. We used spin gear with #6 Panther Martin spinners. Not sure what gear your using. We have always had luck area this time of year. Make sure to check the regs and have fun.

Good luck.

DR

mikeym
06-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Bighorn doesn't open till the 16th.

Abraham lake is about your only option in that area right now. fish at any of the many streams that enter the lake (but not the streams themselves, closed) and you should do good. N Sask is also open but i have not fished it in that area so no advise. it is better fished as a float and fish anyways.

good luck
Mike

GoneFishingEDM
06-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Depending on how far in the area you want to travel. There is Goldeye Lake and Fish Lake. Goldeye has Trout and Fish lake has Trout and Perch.

wildwoods
06-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Well my suggestion is the ever exciting mouth of the bighorn dam. Be careful because he river can rise a foot before you notice as the floodgates open. 1/4 ounce white jig head and white grub will do the trick. You'll lose a few to the rocks so bring extra. You'll catch a myriad of different species and it's a beautiful setting

Supermag
06-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys!

I appreciate it. I have all kinds of spinning gear and am a bit of a danger to myself and others with my fly rod. LOL

I'm just looking forward to being up there and escaping the city for a weekend

Red Bullets
06-08-2017, 01:31 PM
On the North Sask river below Abraham dam I've caught brown trout with Mepps spinners and rapalas.

wildwoods
06-08-2017, 01:47 PM
On the North Sask river below Abraham dam I've caught brown trout with Mepps spinners and rapalas.

Yup and you'll find rockies, bullies, rainbows and I believe I caught a brookie in there too but that may have not been the case. Long time ago. Love fishing the dam