PDA

View Full Version : Pinehurst derby

L2H Lance
06-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Did anyone here how the derby went and the winning weights.

cube
06-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Did anyone here how the derby went and the winning weights.

They have day one post on facebook but not day2.
https://www.facebook.com/Willvil-Walleye-Tournament-1516210305366247/

nast70
06-12-2017, 09:42 AM
I was in Lac la Biche for work on Saturday. When I was done, I took a quad ride into Blackett to check the trail and campsites. Out of interest I wanted to see the campground expansion at Pinehurst (not done yet btw). Two miles from the lake I see a sign 'start parking here'. I have never seen a derby, and after seeing what a zoo that was, I hope I never see another one. Good on the organizers, they seemed to have a good handle on the launch and loading, but a zoo nevertheless. The poor souls who ended up camping and not realizing there was a derby.
Sorry the photo uploaded upside down?

FISHBATTEREDBEER
06-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Last yr they set a record for the biggest weight for one day at Pinehurst I was told.We camped at LLB this weekend and we were told some large fish were caught including some 90cm pike.At LLB the walleye fishing was good but the weather/wind wasn't.All the pike were in the 2-3b range and a few walleye to 6.This lake is full of prop/leg destroying rock ridges and sand bars,we heard one guy tore half his prop off after a local warned him of the dangers.