PDA

View Full Version : Spring Beavers!

bullgetter
04-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Managed to get 7 sets out Thursday night. 2 of the sets were float sets I tried for the first time. Friday morning I had 4 beavers 2/big 2/small all in the 330's near shore with poplar bait and castor scent. The floats did not produce as well as 1 shore set, these all did not have castor scent at them. Reset and Saturday morning I had nothing but sets with stolen bait. Sunday morning I did pull one small beav in a float set. I pulled everything and now have to wait for other ponds to loose their ice.
It's good just to get out in the spring and chase a few beavers. I will in the future use more castor scent at my sets. I think it best to hit them hard the first night as the beavers at this pond sure got smart quick.

Albertadiver
04-28-2009, 08:05 AM
....Oh.... Nevermind.... Thought this thread was about somthing else....

(congrats on the beavers, we used to blow up dams every spring at our farm... lots of fun)

McLeod Valley
04-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Cool spring beaver is sure lots o fun. My line too is still got too much ice to hit all at once, gotta hit'em as they thaw but thats ok too.Got 6 as of last night. No small ones and one monster that put my back out of comission for a week but shes all better now. Back atter full force. Have fun with them flat tails and keep it safe. Later. Jim:wave:

curteck
04-30-2009, 04:36 PM
hey bullgetter its spring and I think you might try to catch some other beaver LOL!!! so how goes the weather up there and are you seeing any bears yet? I will give you a shout tommorow.

Sheepcrazyguy
04-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Out of curiosity what is a good beaver worth?

pdfish
04-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Out of curiosity what is a good beaver worth?

About 150-200 bucks an hour. :evilgrin: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sheepcrazyguy
04-30-2009, 06:38 PM
About 150-200 bucks an hour. :evilgrin: Sorry, couldn't resist.

I knew someone wouldn't be able to!:lol::lol:

curteck
04-30-2009, 07:27 PM
now that is some funny stuff ROFLMAO!!