PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 692 competition vs Browning Citori 725 pro sport?

Skytop B
06-13-2017, 07:00 PM
In the market for a new shotgun. 50/50 sporting clays/trap. Any of you pro shotgunners have experience with these guns?

elkhunter11
06-13-2017, 07:16 PM
Which one fits you better?

Skytop B
06-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Which one fits you better?

I still have to go shopping and try them. I understand about fit. If the fit is off slightly I would get a gunsmith to modify it. I don't expect an off the shelf gun to fit me perfectl. The browning does have adjustable comb and lop could be easily adjusted. Just curious if anyone has these models and if they have any remarks or other issues with tgem. Thanks

elkhunter11
06-13-2017, 07:29 PM
I have owned three 725 Sporting guns in 12/20/28 gauge, and I haven't had an issue with any of them. I also have a 725 trap, and again no issues. They are a good reliable gun for the money, and I only sold the Sporting guns, because I replaced them with a Krieghoff three barrel set.

bobinthesky
06-13-2017, 08:59 PM
I've had a couple of 682 Gold E Sporting's and still shoot a 682 X Trap and love it, they're probably some of the lightest recoiling guns around, several hundred round days are not an issue at all. Durability is as good as anything else in the price range and the guns are completely rebuild able at low cost if your really looking for a high volume gun.
I upgraded to the 692 Sporting for my sporting clays gun about a year ago but no longer shoot competition and I only shoot a few thousand rounds per year these days. The 692 and 725 are both great guns but the 725 just isn't my favorite. My favorite Browning shotgun is a Belgian made Superposed Trap gun but that's not the topic of discussion here.
The 692 is different from the 682 in that the receiver is a bit wider/heavier and the barrels have 14 inches of forcing cone rather than 4 inches of forcing cone on the 682. This makes for a really light recoiling gun and some very good patterns too.
In the end, it mostly come down to cost, fit and how you like the looks of them because when it's all said and done you have to like the looks of your gun or there isn't any point of having it!

Skytop B
06-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Great info, thanks gents.

bobinthesky
06-14-2017, 06:25 AM
I still have to go shopping and try them. I understand about fit. If the fit is off slightly I would get a gunsmith to modify it. I don't expect an off the shelf gun to fit me perfectl. The browning does have adjustable comb and lop could be easily adjusted. Just curious if anyone has these models and if they have any remarks or other issues with tgem. Thanks

The 692 (sporting) and 692X (trap) models are available with an adjustable comb but if you get one without then I can give you the name and number of a guy in Calgary who does a really nice job of modifying your stock to an adjustable comb.
They also have an adjustable weight system in the stock which allows you the change the balance of the gun to suite your taste.

joeweasel
06-14-2017, 12:42 PM
I was in Wolverine Guns & Tackle Red Deer a month ago and they had a 692 with Adjustable comb for $5000.00.
Take an additional 15% off until June 18.
I think that is a pretty decent price if you go Beretta.

SylverCANADA
06-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Have the 725 sporting and I'm very happy with it. I had my eye on a beretta initially as well but the 725 just felt natural; I prioritize ergonomics above most things. In this price range both shotguns will be nice shooters. Go with what you think will make you happy 😊 imo