PDA

View Full Version : Halifax NS fishin'

graham1
04-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi there, me and the family are going to Halifax end of next month and are looking for someone to take us out fishing. Anybody broke trail for us and know the perfect outfit?

thanks
Graham

burbotman14
04-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Can't give you anyone to take you out, but don't fish in Halifax harbour. You might have to drive a bit. Tell me what you want to fish for, striped bass, cod, mackeral. You can pm me, I'll give you some info.

Big Bull
04-28-2009, 09:08 PM
You might want to contact Perry Munro in the Annapolis Valley, not far from Halifax.
http://www.perrymunro.com/fishing.html

TreeGuy
04-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi there, me and the family are going to Halifax end of next month and are looking for someone to take us out fishing. Anybody broke trail for us and know the perfect outfit?

thanks
Graham

Graham, I'll link this thread to a friend back home (AO board member also) that should be able to help you out. Also, if TUC doesn't see this one, PM him and he will provide you with a ton of info.

Enjoy the trip. +26 in Halifax today I believe.:wave:

Tree

TreeGuy
04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Just found a good link off of the NS board for you to check out.......

http://www.bluesharkcharters.com/

They sail from just outside of Halifax. Catch, tag and release shark fishing. You can even try it with a fly rod. It looks like a blast!

Tree

Morph1
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
If you're after fresh water fishing,
I've seen some nice jumbo perch in Chocolate lake right in Halifax,
but that was 10 years ago..

burbotman14
04-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Mind you the shark charters are $1400. Quite a chunk of change. And its 30 miles out from Halifax.

TreeGuy
04-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Mind you the shark charters are $1400. Quite a chunk of change. And its 30 miles out from Halifax.

It's $1400 for the boat. 10 aboard means $140 per for 9 hours of fishing. Most of the charters aren't running groups every day. Talk to 'em and find out when they are doing 'walk on's'.

I have no connection to this company, just thought it was the coolest link I could find to post.

I've been 20 miles out of Halifax twice on charters, and once from Cavandish, PEI. Good times if you have the stomach fer it landlubbers!:lol:

Tree

graham1
05-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the help boys.

I booked a charter with A&M fishing charters. 4 hours of cod fishing for $400.
Sounded like nice folks on the phone. We are stoked!!

Graham