PDA

View Full Version : Stock Refinishing

elkhunter11
06-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Last fall one of my fairly expensive Spanish SxS shotguns suffered some cosmetic damage to the stock, and Gitrdun took on the job to restore the stock to it's former state. Today I traveled down to pick it up, and I was not at all disappointed. Not only were all traces of the damage gone, but his finish actually looks better than the factory finish. When he explained what was required to disassemble the sidelock shotgun to remove the stock, I was surprised at just how complicated these firearms are, and just how much work is required to assemble and disassemble them. I had a long day driving and loading and unloading lead shot, or I would take some pictures of the finished product, but I wanted to hand out some praise for a job well done to Gitrdun. But I should add that he didn't do quite as good of a job at eliminating the gophers on his property, as I passed a couple of the little fat rodents as we drove down his driveway to the township road.:)

Kevlak
06-16-2017, 08:52 PM
I've had gitrdun fix up a coulple of my rifles, been a couple years now that I've had the work done and they are both holding up amazing. I wouldn't hesitate on bringing more work to him in the future. I do have custom barrel project in mind for my target rifle, but that might be in time down the road. Definitely would of recommend him. He also makes great coffee and tells good stories!

I'm glad your enjoying his work hes done for you.

Kevin

sns2
06-16-2017, 11:26 PM
He is top of the heap. He really is. And, he's a lucky bugger in gun raffles too!!!

gitrdun
06-17-2017, 10:52 AM
I thank you for the kind words fellas. It was a pleasure (although daunting) to work on such a fine shotgun Elk. As well, a pleasure to have met you and your pooch.

As far as the gophers go, I am compelled to keep a few around for when Groundhogger flies out here once again this summer with his missus. :)