PDA

View Full Version : Lower Chain LK near Athabasca

rmatei
06-17-2017, 07:31 AM
Looking for clarification on regulations. Good to see the Rainbow limit is 2 as specified in the regs, but what about a tiger trout. My understanding would be you could keep 2 rainbows and 1 tiger for a total of 3 trout/day, am I correct? Have a call in to F&W for info but have not heard back. I see that they have a pike limit as well, anybody caught one here in the last couple years? Hopefully with the limit reduced, electric motors only and the ability to sustain fish over winter without aeration this lake will one day become a quality trout fishery.

RavYak
06-18-2017, 10:15 PM
Fisheries management is conducting a two-year monitoring program of the initial stocking to gauge the performance (catch rate, angling effort, survival and growth) and dietary preferences of tiger trout with an overall objective of improving Alberta's stocked fisheries and to help form best management practices for the stocking of this sterile hybrid in Alberta. Ecological effects on the aquatic community and behavioral patterns of tiger trout will also be monitored.

During the survey, fisheries management asks that all tiger trout caught be voluntarily released. Tiger trout have yet to be defined as a game fish in regulation and voluntary release is required to monitor tiger trout performance and thus the future of the tiger trout stocking in Alberta.

Any questions or comments about the survey, stocking or voluntary catch-and-release can be directed to Jim Wagner.

http://mywildalberta.com/fishing/stocking-reports/tiger-trout-stocking.aspx