PDA

View Full Version : adhesive for bonding scotty glue-on mount pad

ecsuplander
06-17-2017, 05:17 PM
I am wanting to cement a scotty glue on mounting pad to my fishcat scout inflatable. However, I am having a difficult time locating the adhesive. Any one have any ideas on what product I should use and where i can purchase it. Any of the stuff recommended on the internet ( stabond, hh-66 etc...) is unavailable in Canada. Any help would be appreciated.

fishman
06-17-2017, 06:35 PM
I use pvc glue bought it at cnd tire same stuff plumbers use works great but always a few secrets gluing them on

waterninja
06-18-2017, 06:53 AM
Home depot have a few different brands of epoxy that you "mix" together that are quite good. Personally, I would try Gorilla Glue. That stuff is pretty amasing. Once it cures test it for strength before you take it out on the water. Surprised that you dont have some screw or bolt holes prdrilled on the holder.

ecsuplander
06-19-2017, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have decided to use a couple of straps to hold it in place. Putting the motor mount for the stealth pro on the back of my scout. Straps seem to provide enough strength. Guess we will see if the motor falls off into the lake-ha ha.

huntsfurfish
06-19-2017, 11:18 AM
You might get better responses from the fly fishing section.

Stinky Buffalo
06-19-2017, 12:32 PM
I think in your manual it suggests Stabond 2 part adhesive (https://www.westmarine.com/buy/nrs--stabond-adhesive--9761958), no?

waterninja
06-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Oh my. I thought you were talking about a rod holder, not a motor mount. lol
Yeh, i
I would at least tie a rope to it.