PDA

View Full Version : does any body have Charles Lake fishing info

nimrod
04-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Anybody ever fish Charles Lake, way up north east alberta

marlin1
04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
fished it through Mikisew out of Mac. About 8 years ago , very good laker fishing and some good pike along the shores. Plenty of bugs in the summer unless you are on the water .Theres a little blurb in March Alberta Outdoormen about Charles. Its a huge lake and I'd definately go back there . I think we averaged 5-7 pounders but there were bigger caught just not by us .

Rob Miskosky
04-28-2009, 10:23 PM
I have fished North Charles and loved it. The fishing was awesome - we caught big pike and big lakers and lots of them. There are two cabins at North Charles both on an Island. The log cabin has a great view of the lake while the other is settled a little farther back. The lake can change depths in a hurry so a sonar unit is a must unless you want to end up on a rock somewhere in the middle of the lake - don't go rippin' all over the place until you know where you can go. A GPS is also a must as the lake has islands and arms all over it - you could get lost. All in all I would recommend it to anybody. Have fun!

Jar4500
04-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Are you going north or south . Hearing rigs with smelts in mid july worked well for lakers 40 ft of water.