PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Open Water Fishing Season

dryflyguy
06-19-2017, 12:46 PM
Hey guys, was looking for a thread to post outings and results for this season but didn't see one, so I thought I'd start this one

Post your trips for the 2017 open water season, share as much or as little info as you'd like!

Here's to a good season :cheers:

I'll start off, spent a couple hours fishing with my son on Saturday at Wabamun from our dock (South Seba) and caught a couple smaller Jack's, maybe a couple pounds each, both looked healthy to me
Was using a 5 of Diamonds

Water is up about a foot this year from last, poplar fuzz was starting to accumulate but the water was crystal clear otherwise

SNAPFisher
06-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Good to hear on the water levels!

I fished Wolf Lake in NB1 last week. The water level was also up there. Not sure how much but the Wolf river was maybe 10 feet wide when I was there some years ago and was 100 feet wide on this trip.

Caught all pike and all on the 5 o diagmonds - size zero :)
Been a long while since I tossed that spoon around.

dryflyguy
07-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Fished Wabamun on Sunday with two friends, focused on Walleye and had no issues finding or catching them
We anchored ourselves in the same spot all day (5 hours) and it was a steady bite

Lost count between the 3 of us, but we boated a lot of fish and lost quite a few as well. Average size for the walleye was around 16-18"

We were all using 1/2oz gold jig heads tipped with minnows, jigging on a drop off going from 20'-30'

Only 2 of the fish we caught were Pike, but both were healthy and in good shape

Found the bite to be the strongest around 9:30-11am and 2:30-3:45pm

mooseknuckle
07-24-2017, 08:13 PM
Not a whole.lot to report yet. Hit wolf lake for 3 days with the kids. Caught lots of pike including a couple over 63 for the pan!!

Big trip aug 27-sept 3. fly in with dad and some good friends. Ill be sure to post that epic adventure.