PDA

View Full Version : Ending my Skunk - Blindman & Red Deer River

Timidhc
06-20-2017, 05:22 PM
After failing to get even a nibble during my last three fishing trips I decided it was time to get serious and finally break the curse. I woke up early yesterday, Monday, June 19, 2017 and headed down to the Blindman River. Hoping to explore a new section of the river and hook into some fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3e6-jg-oQ

iYearn
06-20-2017, 10:19 PM
Great Job Timidhc.

Always nice NOT to be skunked.

And keep up the great work on the videos.

You should do an Alberta version of 39 Hours :sHa_shakeshout:

Talking moose
06-21-2017, 03:06 AM
Good job again young feller.... your walk to your fishing spot brought back a lot of memories from the 80's. Thx for sharing.

iYearn
06-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Good job again young feller.... your walk to your fishing spot brought back a lot of memories from the 80's. Thx for sharing.

X2 Feeling old now! In the '80's Timidhc wasn't even a Timid "kitten" yet.

Vook
06-21-2017, 11:40 AM
I really enjoy your videos!

Timidhc
06-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Great Job Timidhc.

Always nice NOT to be skunked.

And keep up the great work on the videos.

You should do an Alberta version of 39 Hours :sHa_shakeshout:

Thanks Ralf. Getting skunked is frustrating, especially multiple times in a row. But I low how much it motivates me to finally catch a fish.
And i'd love to do something like that eventually. Aaron Wiebe is the best and his videos helped inspire me to start making my own.

Timidhc
06-21-2017, 02:14 PM

Glad you enjoyed it Moose. Got another fishing video coming out later today and one tomorrow as well!

Timidhc
06-21-2017, 02:16 PM
I really enjoy your videos!

Thanks so much Vook. That really means alot to me.

morinj
06-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Good work youngster, you will never catch em unless your hook is in the water! Love the sound of that line stripping!

MrDave
06-22-2017, 09:24 AM
Glad you broke the skunking. Always sucks.

So, some advice on the Blindman. Cast along the shoreline. They love to hide under the edge of the bank. It's usually hollowed out.
The murky waters make color important. We always fell back on the Len Thompson red and white hook, and 5 of diamonds. If you find deep water, try a rattler.