PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Idaho June 2017

DOGFISH
06-20-2017, 08:11 PM
135133Went and purchased a 1 day fishing permit while camping in the Sandpoint area, caught Perch, Lake Trout, Pumpkinseed,Catfish in a short period in the early morning from shore. Then a guy comes by with his Bass boat and asks how's the fishing, told him good but smaller fish. He then asks if I would like to join him for some Bass fishing, turns out he is a tournament fishermen and I spent the rest of the day learning the local ways and spots for Large and Smallmouth. Awesome day and I can't say enough about this guy, let me use his gear, bait and the hole enchilada. Everything was top notch, I have Charted boats and have not had this type of experience. Thought I would share some pics. One Bass I caught was 4.75 lbs and the bow of the boat picture was at 72 mph:bad_boys_20: Sorry about the last picture it is one that was texted to me sideways. Dogfish

couleefolk
06-20-2017, 10:39 PM
Sounds like a great day. We were new to a lake in North Dakota, and low and behold, Johnny Candle is a guest speaker at the campground we were at, and has a free seminar on how and where to catch fish (he wouldn't tell us his favorite holes though, go figure). Never seems to be a lack of folks willing to help out down south. Glad you had a great time.

knots
06-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a great day, I have been in that area many times and wondering what the fishing was like and what was in there.

58thecat
06-23-2017, 06:04 AM
Awesome, good people are fishing people:sHa_shakeshout:

72 mph...holy crap!

Probably smooth running as a babies bottom though...my tinner would have torn apart:sHa_sarcasticlol: