PDA

View Full Version : Insane!!!!!

the11fisherman
06-21-2017, 05:34 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a guy try to take his boat over the Lethbridge Wier just this past weekend. He got the boat half way over and then he gave up. Of course rather than going back over, the boat flipped sideways and it almost capsized. The whole ordeal made me think this was one insanely stupid moron, but there is one more thing....

He had his TWO KIDS in the boat with him. If you are going to kill yourself, do it alone, not with your two kids with you.

What a moron.

Albertadiver
06-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Wow.... that's a special kind of stupid.

Bushleague
06-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Pretty dangerous stuff, I don't know about the Lethbridge weir, but weir's in general have a nasty habit of catching people in the hydraulic and drowning them. A move like that with children in the boat should darn near have criminal repercussions.

waterninja
06-22-2017, 07:10 AM
Pity you didn't get pics. What size boat? I have no idea what the weir is like in lethbridge, but we have pushed tinners over beaver dams before. Is there a large dropoff?

David Henry
06-22-2017, 08:57 PM
We lost a canoeist on the Blindman river a couple of years ago who paddled across the weir. The Blindman is a trickle compared to the Oldman, your right that guy got real lucky and someone was watching over those kids I think. D.H.

upongrassy
06-22-2017, 10:50 PM
I too have witnessed this, really couldn't believe it. Two boats without hesitation hit the weir and continued on as usual.

the11fisherman
06-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Pity you didn't get pics. What size boat? I have no idea what the weir is like in lethbridge, but we have pushed tinners over beaver dams before. Is there a large dropoff?

The boat was a 14 footer. The drop off at that point was about a foot and a half, but now it is a lot more.

Bushleague
06-23-2017, 07:08 PM
We lost a canoeist on the Blindman river a couple of years ago who paddled across the weir. The Blindman is a trickle compared to the Oldman, your right that guy got real lucky and someone was watching over those kids I think. D.H.

Yeah, I've gone over plenty of beaver dams too and have never heard of anyone drowning while doing so. The weir in Lesser Slave river however has drown a few foolish souls, regardless of the drop it makes a dangerous undertow/ eddy right behind the weir.