PDA

View Full Version : Winefred Lake Lodge HELP

Jamie
06-22-2017, 10:49 PM
Ok, I have been trying to get in touch with this company for 2 days.. Is there a secret pass code???
I have left multiple messages and a email..
Any hints?

Thoughts on fishing there at the end of July beginning of August?
I was going to take my daughter Salmon fishing but with the closure of the Skeena I am thinking this year may be a bust.

Jamie

biggyJ
06-23-2017, 10:48 AM
Good luck...

I left 15 messages last year, not a one was returned.

Non existant communication. Lost my business forever, there are other places one can go.

grant
06-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Call the outfitters camp on the lake. Different company with the same amenities

Jamie
06-23-2017, 04:37 PM
I heard from them today. I am taking the kids fishing on Tuesday. Does anyone have any idea what to take for gear?

dustinjoels
06-23-2017, 05:09 PM
I heard from them today. I am taking the kids fishing on Tuesday. Does anyone have any idea what to take for gear?

Rods, reels, line, license, lures, clothes, hat, raingear, sunscreen, bug spray, sun glasses. If you're staying at the lodge that pretty much covers the basics.

Jamie
06-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Rods, reels, line, license, lures, clothes, hat, raingear, sunscreen, bug spray, sun glasses. If you're staying at the lodge that pretty much covers the basics.

Dustin, thanks for that. I was actually thinking more along the lines of specific here. Size of lures, types of lures.. do I need a nap?

dustinjoels
06-23-2017, 05:38 PM
Dustin, thanks for that. I was actually thinking more along the lines of specific here. Size of lures, types of lures.. do I need a nap?

I can usually fish the whole day without needing a nap.

Len Thompson number 2 spoons in five of diamonds and red devil. Have an assortment of rapalas in different colors and more importantly different depth. Sometimes I'll use spinner rigs like strike king style. If you have a selection of these types of lures, you'll be good. You don't need anything special that you wouldn't use elsewhere.

The lodge will give you a map of the lake. Ask the dock guys to mark the hot spots on the map for you.

Jamie
06-23-2017, 08:28 PM
Hahahahha

I was using voice to text.
Nap should have been NET!!!

But a nap is a great idea as well...

Jamie
06-23-2017, 08:31 PM
I can talk Salmon fishing all day long.. But fresh water is a fori gun concept to me....
It just didn't make any sense to go to the coast this year with the returns....
So a new adventure awaits me and the kids!!!

Tfng
06-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Jamie with your spelling you might be qualified to replace Cat! :scared0018:

rugatika
06-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Len Thompson, Nickel/Blue - platinum series.

We were up there a few years ago and those seemed to be the lucky ticket then.

http://www.lenthompson.com/uploads/1/5/7/0/15708726/3943623_orig.jpg

TrophyPikeHunter
06-24-2017, 09:00 AM
I can usually fish the whole day without needing a nap.

Len Thompson number 2 spoons in five of diamonds and red devil. Have an assortment of rapalas in different colors and more importantly different depth. Sometimes I'll use spinner rigs like strike king style. If you have a selection of these types of lures, you'll be good. You don't need anything special that you wouldn't use elsewhere.

The lodge will give you a map of the lake. Ask the dock guys to mark the hot spots on the map for you.

I was there last weekend and will X2 what Dustin has said. The pike up there will take spoons or crankbaits without prejudice. My brother used a yellow-red 5 of diamonds without changing it and was hauling them in all day. The boys at the dock will have advice about where to go and yes, nets and lifejackets if you need them. My best advice is be prepared to land and release bigger-than-average pike. By that I mean have the tools to unhook safely and quickly. A good mouth opener and at least an 8" needle nose plier are a definite must have. Have fun & be safe!

35 whelen
06-25-2017, 12:48 PM
I was there last weekend and will X2 what Dustin has said. The pike up there will take spoons or crankbaits without prejudice. My brother used a yellow-red 5 of diamonds without changing it and was hauling them in all day. The boys at the dock will have advice about where to go and yes, nets and lifejackets if you need them. My best advice is be prepared to land and release bigger-than-average pike. By that I mean have the tools to unhook safely and quickly. A good mouth opener and at least an 8" needle nose plier are a definite must have. Have fun & be safe!
Pretty much I would add some good titanium leaders

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Jamie
07-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Amazing trip....
So much fun.. I will post up a report when I get a chance.
Jamie