PDA

View Full Version : Chestermere lake

esoxlucius
06-23-2017, 04:00 PM
I have fished Chestermere Lake off and on for 30 years C&R. What would it take for this lake to produce larger Pike and more Perch again? It is obvious throughout the years larger Pike have diminished as well as the perch. Maybe by over fishing (Possible) or could it be that the lake is replenished by fresh water due to irrigation constantly flowing in the summer months with little to no food for fish to consume (possibility)? or could it be that it is drained in the fall (lowered) for winter months? Just wanting to hear your thoughts as it would be a great place to fish for future generations as most lakes in Alberta.

chucklesthe3rd
06-23-2017, 06:45 PM
kill off all the fish then let food supply replenish, then restock with fish

EdvinTheKid
06-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Chestermere Lake does connect to Dalemead Lake.. So I guess some fish kinda just stay in that canal.

I think just putting a no keep limit on the fish for a couple years wouldnt be a bad idea.

bigskinner
06-25-2017, 12:53 AM
Chestermere Lake does connect to Dalemead Lake.. So I guess some fish kinda just stay in that canal.

I think just putting a no keep limit on the fish for a couple years wouldnt be a bad idea.

Chestermere canal runs right into Dalemead lake , then goes east into the reserve