PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish before getting posted elsewhere?

Nantule
06-24-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm an avid fisherman and have gotten my wife loving fishing recently. I have been posted here for 3 years and it looks like I will be out of Alberta in the near future. Knowing this, my wife and I just took some vacation to experience Alberta before we leave. We now want to experience some big Alberta fish and have only really fished Wabamun, a few trout ponds and a few smaller lakes around Edmonton catching smaller pike, trout, and walleye. We have a nucanoe frontier kayak and have no idea where to go. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

brohymn2
06-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Maligne

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Solominotaur
06-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Ya I have to agree get a park fishing liscence and start at maligne and work your way down south the mountains

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Dark Wing
06-24-2017, 08:34 PM
http://mywildalberta.com/fishing/stocking-reports/default.aspx

Here's a start , check out stocking reports . Also Barry Mitchell's fishing guide and the I-fish app are good resources.

MrDave
06-24-2017, 09:00 PM
Make the trip to Lac labiche. Find a local to guide you. Depends on what you can afford, time wise and bucks. Pigeon is hot right now, but you need a boat and knowledge of the area.
Places to visit? Interesting road trips all over the region. Most have some little fishing spots.