PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Beach Campground at the Gull Lake. Where to charge battery?

Vook
06-28-2017, 04:25 PM
We are going to the Gull Lake for the long weekend. Unfortunately, we have no power site. I would like to charge my trolling motor battery once or twice. Does anybody know where I can do it?

-JR-
06-28-2017, 05:30 PM
If you don't have a power in your stall just vist some one that has and ask then nicely This is what happened to us. And the guy gave us some beer for our trouble when he picked up the battery.

.270fan
06-29-2017, 07:33 AM
Might be able to sweet talk the people at the concession into letting you plug in a charger ...

Vook
06-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys! I consider both options. I thought they might have an outlet people can use for charging phones and stuff. More than 300 families with no access to their phones for 3 days... :scared0018:
Oh, wonderful old days...

bubba 96
06-29-2017, 10:52 AM
We are going to the Gull Lake for the long weekend. Unfortunately, we have no power site. I would like to charge my trolling motor battery once or twice. Does anybody know where I can do it?

I use my genny it has a plug made for charging 12v batts, if that's an option for you..

Hilgy
06-29-2017, 11:17 AM
A small solar panel would be you best bet. If you get a little creative you could even leave it charging all day while you fish.

Walleyedude
06-29-2017, 11:41 AM
A small solar panel would be you best bet. If you get a little creative you could even leave it charging all day while you fish.

Unfortunately, a solar panel will be of very little use in recharging a well drained deep cycle battery.

A good on board battery charger putting out 10 amps can take 7-12 hrs to fully charge a group 31 battery. A solar panel generally has an output of ~1 amp or less unless you get into a pretty sophisticated and expensive setup.