PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun Boat Launch - Parking

anorthernhunter
06-28-2017, 04:43 PM
I am taking my boat to Wabamun Saturday ... I usually just ice fish that lake ... and did a search on the forum and understand that there are only two "real" launches. One in the town (which town?) and one at the Provincial Park ... just confirming this is the case.

I also discovered that there is no trailer parking at either of these locations ... is this correct - if so, that doesn't seem to make any sense.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Northern

iYearn
06-28-2017, 05:02 PM
The town boat launch, in Wabamun, is great. Lot's of parking and double launch with docks.

Believe the cost is $20 for launch and parking.

Its been 25 years since I have been to the PP so I can't speak to that one.

-JR-
06-28-2017, 05:16 PM
yup $20. in town and free at the provincial ..

Provincial you will have along line up and will not be able to pull your boat to the dock to get in Because it will be full of boats tied to it . Ands its even more fun trying to get off your boat to get your truck as boats are always tied to the dock as the people who camp there figure they have the right to leave there boats there all week .

If you have a small boat or a good 4x4 and don't need a cement boat launch .
Drive west past the town over pass and take your next left. Should be posted there .Wabamaun sailing club. Road goes straight to the lake Has a free boat launch with no dock and a free parking lot for your truck and trailer. must hold about 10 cars . plus an out house. Good fishing 50 ft out from that spot .
At noon the kids sailing club next door where they learn how to sail will start boating in that area

linemanpete
06-28-2017, 05:25 PM
I was once blocked in by ignorant beach goers at the PP. poor kid who ran back to moms car sure got an earful from me. Since then town launch only.

anorthernhunter
06-28-2017, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys - sounds like the town launch is the one ... especially if there is parking. If there's a west wind it could be choppy at that end of the lake, too bad there isn't a launch on the west side.

Appreciate the advice.

Now, one more thing ... the 15 + lb jacks ... where are they again :)

zouzou123
06-29-2017, 12:32 AM
PP launch is fine, might be a bit crowded at dock but there is tons of parking. Last weekend there was a mandatory boat inspection right at the boat launch and was holding everyone up so something else to consider.

does it ALL outdoors
06-29-2017, 02:25 AM
Launch at Fallis. Free and no lineups. Lots of free parking too

does it ALL outdoors
06-29-2017, 02:28 AM
Last weekend there was a mandatory boat inspection right at the boat launch and was holding everyone up so something else to consider.
Makes sense. Why put it up the road a ways and keep the traffic flowing when you can all but shut the launch down :angry3:

-JR-
06-29-2017, 05:56 AM
Its a long weekend. And Its going to be a Gong Show .
Have your boats ready before its your turn to launch ,and it would not hurt to start it on shore if it has not been in a lake this year.

diamond k
06-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Its a long weekend. And Its going to be a Gong Show .
Have your boats ready before its your turn to launch ,and it would not hurt to start it on shore if it has not been in a lake this year.

That is great advice if you want to blow up your motor.😳

nast70
06-30-2017, 09:07 AM
That is great advice if you want to blow up your motor.😳

I think he means at home on a set of muffs.

I hope he means at home on a set of muffs.

-JR-
06-30-2017, 09:57 PM
I think he meant ,turn the key ,and as soon as it fires up you turn it off.

Just to many people , have some one else back up there trailer in the water while they are in there boat to find out they did not hook up the battery or even turn on the gas. The list goes on and on. Like where is the key !

Been doing it for over 15 years. Just makes the line up go faster.

What he did not mean was run it untill it was your turn to launch.:snapoutofit: