PDA

View Full Version : Brazeau Dam - Nordegg River - NSR Fishing

Demetroff16
06-30-2017, 03:08 PM
So a couple of friends and I are heading towards the mountains near the Brazeau Dam, Nordegg River area and I was just trying to get some insight on the water systems and fishing in each spot. It will be our first time fishing that area so it would be nice if I could get some info from some of the folks who are familiar with the area. We have both fly gear and spinning rods so that opens up a both worlds of fishing. Our goal is to catch as many as possible all kinds of species as well but isnt that every fishermans Haha!

Thanks in advance 🐟

-JR-
07-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Been years since I fished there ,fishing has gone down hill.
Let me know how you made out when you get back
There are two campgrounds there .
one on each side of the damp.
If you go to the far side campground ,some good fishing along the rock bank.
Very nice group stall at the far end of the road.

Demetroff16
07-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Been years since I fished there ,fishing has gone down hill.
Let me know how you made out when you get back
There are two campgrounds there .
one on each side of the damp.
If you go to the far side campground ,some good fishing along the rock bank.
Very nice group stall at the far end of the road.

We fished the Nordegg river on the OChiese reserve with no luck. I caught a minnow on the fly that was bigger than his mouth lol that was fun. We then went onward to the brazeau dam area. Caught a small pike just below the dam where its kind of rough. Then tried out the pembina river near there but no luck. After that we headed to the north saskatchewan we tried one spot in the bush but no luck then we headed down the river some closer to drayton and had better luck caught a couple goldeye and a nice pike that got away just before the photos of course lol all and all it was a solid day of fishing