PDA

View Full Version : When did NSR go to 0 walleye?

xxclaro
07-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Haven't fished the north Saskatchewan in a few years, checked the regs before going and see that you can no longer keep any walleye, at least not where I am close to St.Paul. When did they go to a 0 limit, and why? I was thinking maybe low water levels hurt the fish stocks over the last few years? We went out anyway for some catch and release, didn't expect to catch much but the walleye and sauger were biting hard! Caught a couple of what I beleive are mooneye, but not too sure. Good times, but would have been great to be able to eat a couple of those walleye!

deercamp
07-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Haven't fished the north Saskatchewan in a few years, checked the regs before going and see that you can no longer keep any walleye, at least not where I am close to St.Paul. When did they go to a 0 limit, and why? I was thinking maybe low water levels hurt the fish stocks over the last few years? We went out anyway for some catch and release, didn't expect to catch much but the walleye and sauger were biting hard! Caught a couple of what I beleive are mooneye, but not too sure. Good times, but would have been great to be able to eat a couple of those walleye!

been 0 for as long as i have been fishing it, 10 years probably. Sauger has been open though the whole time though as far as i know

The Spank
07-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Must be AB side only as it's normal limits in SK.

xxclaro
07-04-2017, 12:29 PM
been 0 for as long as i have been fishing it, 10 years probably. Sauger has been open though the whole time though as far as i know

Really? I could swear that a guy could keep at least a couple a few years ago. I see even sauger is closed now.

Lowrance Fishburn
07-04-2017, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't keep anything out of the river anyhow...Gross

Myles_C
07-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Not likely the best to be keeping anything from the NSR anyways