PDA

View Full Version : pics; 35-inch bull trout

troutpirate
04-30-2009, 01:22 PM
hey kids thought i would share these pics of a big bull i caught yesterday. it should have a good chance at winning its category for the agfa annual compettion.
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/lanebohn/P4290426.jpg
[IMG]http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/lanebohn/P4290432.jpg[/IMG

BigRackLover
04-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Sweet!

duffy4
04-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Beauty trout. Looks like a nice day to be out fishing (it could be snowing and blowing but catching a fish like that would turn it into a "nice day" pretty quick)

Now a comment that is not at all negative to this thread or the picture or the angler at all. Just that the thought is inspired by it.

When a fish like Bull Trout is on a 0 limit province wide, it seems to me we should do all we can to protect and enhance its numbers. And to reduce as much as possible any accidental mortality or stress to the fish. Catch a big one, a quick pic or two and release ASAP. The additional measuring and handling to gather info for entering it into a contest may not be a good thing.

Should AF&GA drop the Bull Trout catigory from it fish trophy competition?

There has been a fish derby at Cow lake and to protect the Pike from stress, Pike ARE NOT involved in the derby and ARE NOT measured or weighed by the derby organizers.

tbosch
04-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Beauty trout. Looks like a nice day to be out fishing (it could be snowing and blowing but catching a fish like that would turn it into a "nice day" pretty quick)

Now a comment that is not at all negative to this thread or the picture or the angler at all. Just that the thought is inspired by it.

When a fish like Bull Trout is on a 0 limit province wide, it seems to me we should do all we can to protect and enhance its numbers. And to reduce as much as possible any accidental mortality or stress to the fish. Catch a big one, a quick pic or two and release ASAP. The additional measuring and handling to gather info for entering it into a contest may not be a good thing.

Should AF&GA drop the Bull Trout catigory from it fish trophy competition?

There has been a fish derby at Cow lake and to protect the Pike from stress, Pike ARE NOT involved in the derby and ARE NOT measured or weighed by the derby organizers.

Uh oh. Here we go again. Someone haul in a dead horse so we can start beating it.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Nice Bull trout , I bet he put up a hell of a fight . Definitely my 2nd favorite trout species to fish for Lakers being the first .

McLeod
04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
First off all Trout Pirate..Congrats.That is an AWESOME fish and you worked hard to get it ! Look forward to hooking up with you this summer.

Second..I don't get this Trophy comp thing...
Nothing wrong with have a competition for biggest Bull trout of the year..The category is catch and release.. Hope the Pirate wins !
The category should stay as it is. A picture and a measurment , release the fish everything is good.

troller
04-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Nice fish!!!

goober
04-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Wow congrats man!

Tabers Best
04-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Nice Bull trout , I bet he put up a hell of a fight . Definitely my 2nd favorite trout species to fish for Lakers being the first .

Actually a Bull trout is a char not a trout!!!!

tbosch
04-30-2009, 05:39 PM
That thing is a hog buddy. Congrats. I couldnt see the pic earlier

gramps73
04-30-2009, 06:03 PM
thats something you do not see every day, great fish
G

Tweedsider
04-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Nice Trout! Congrats:)

jts1
04-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Great fish man CONGRATS

cohod
04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
What a fish!...Awesome!

cohod

troutpirate
05-01-2009, 03:29 PM
thank you for the compliments all:) no thanx to u though duffy. that was a good atempt to hijack this thread though. im just glad no one took the bait. why cant u appreciate a picture of a big beautiful fish and a proud angler. if u want to start a big debate make your own thread:D

Alliman
05-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Fantastic ! Thanks for shareing

SuCraM
05-01-2009, 04:04 PM
That's a hog of a bullie man congrats. Wish I knew a spot to catch ones that big.

FishBrain
05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
WOW what a beauty.
one day I will get one like that!!!

duffy4
05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
thank you for the compliments all:) no thanx to u though duffy. that was a good atempt to hijack this thread though. im just glad no one took the bait. why cant u appreciate a picture of a big beautiful fish and a proud angler. if u want to start a big debate make your own thread:D

Sorry, you are right I should have realized that again a lack of reading comprehention would result in some grouchy customers.

If you will read the first line in my post I really did say :

"Beauty trout. Looks like a nice day to be out fishing (it could be snowing and blowing but catching a fish like that would turn it into a "nice day" pretty quick)"

alacringa
05-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Actually a Bull trout is a char not a trout!!!!

So is a Lake Trout.

Canuck44
05-01-2009, 08:44 PM
thats a beaut. I have lost a handful of good looking bull trout while fly fishing for cuts but none that big, the biggest I have seen in person was one my brother caught on a sjw, it looked like a fence post coming in, quite a thrill...

FisherPotch
05-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Fence post?!? That thing is like a POWERE POLE!!! Congrats on the fish man. I would so get a replica of that bad boy done up.

Not to hijack but IMHO Duffy has a valid point.

If that fish doesn't take the provincial trophy for the year I would sure love to see photo's of the fish that does. Congats and tight lines.

Alberta Bigbore
05-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Not to hijack but IMHO Duffy has a valid point.

x2. Duffy has a very valid point and was only trying to make some mature discussion, as well as compliment your fish. Yes i said i agree with Duffy........after all these years:)

troutpirate
05-03-2009, 04:14 PM
thanx again for all the nice words:love: duffy had a valid point and he raised some good questions. i also put conservation and a succesful release ahead of personel pictures. that fish had a very brief photo session, was back in the water, caught his wind, and then took off out of my hand like a bullet until he disappeared in the current.

zabbo
05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
That things like a submarime!!!

I am jealous!!!