PDA

View Full Version : Lower Highwood right now?

sammers
07-03-2017, 07:11 PM
My friend just got land on the lower Highwood (between okotoks and where it meets with the Sheep), and we thought there would be some fish there at this time in the season. Been out the last two weekends and haven't seen anything. Tried the trusty rapalas, nyphing, and streamers that usually work well on the Bow/Elbow but no action at all. Would anyone mind telling us if/when the fishing picks up? My guess it is still a little too high. Any info would help, thanks!

TheHotChili
07-03-2017, 08:51 PM
My friend just got land on the lower Highwood (between okotoks and where it meets with the Sheep), and we thought there would be some fish there at this time in the season. Been out the last two weekends and haven't seen anything. Tried the trusty rapalas, nyphing, and streamers that usually work well on the Bow/Elbow but no action at all. Would anyone mind telling us if/when the fishing picks up? My guess it is still a little too high. Any info would help, thanks!

Ive only fished that river a few times and had noluck.....what spinners are you using? on some other rivers,Livingstone/Oldman/Bow Ive used red devil spoons, mepps blackfury, vibram fox with some success...

Mikediz
07-04-2017, 12:06 PM
it is primarily a nursery for the Bow river, most of the fish will be 4 - 12"s. i'd stick with the nymphing, I've caught a lot of fish in that area.

sammers
07-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Ok, great. Thanks. I will keep trying and hopefully see some fish. To be clear I was spinning with Rapalas and fly fishing with nymphs/streamers.

graymac
07-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Nice area. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk