PDA

View Full Version : headin to swan lake debolt area

exportblue
04-30-2009, 05:22 PM
So i am thinkin of pulling out the belly boat tomorrow and heading to swan lake by debolt, just wondering if theres enough room for belly boats and boats to move around with no problems. I have an edge on to fish like no other. lol any responses would be great thanks....

gpguy7
04-30-2009, 05:51 PM
ive heard its open around the aerator just like it is every year, and slowly starting to creep its way towards other areas of the lake, so i dont know if theres gonna be enough room for more than a couple belly boats out there

Tweedsider
04-30-2009, 06:08 PM
I wish it would open soon, maybe this weekend will put a good dent in the ice, supposed to be warm all weekend. I cant wait to go anywhere for that matter, i'm not allowed to talk about fishing around the house anymore:evilgrin: My girlfriend cut her hair short the other day, first time in about 12 years, she asked me "Do you like it?" and I said "yes it looks great but how are you going to wear it when we go fishing?" :D "SLAP":lol:

exportblue
04-30-2009, 06:58 PM
well i guess i will pack both spin rod and fly tube, see what happins. Anyone else goin out tomorrow?

TUFFBUFF
05-02-2009, 12:31 AM
just got back, skunked. spinners - spoons - prince nymphs - flatfish - rapala's nothing. ice is 1/3 off, think the fish are still in sluggish winter mode. saw a 6 or 7# swirl by the boat and 4# clear the water. about 10 people on shore with bait and saw a 2 smaller ones landed

Tweedsider
05-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Any news on the ice situation? After that warm weekend and the heavy wind last night, well I know I'm begging but its the damn itch! :lol:

exportblue
05-04-2009, 10:22 AM
i never did get a chance to head out this weekend others things came up. So sorry no report from me any how.

Tweedsider
05-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Btt;)

KillBilly
05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
We were going to go to Swan Saturday but figured it would be packed so we went to East Dollar instead. Ice probably shrunk back 30ft while we were there and will be all off by now {it was almost gone by the end of the day}.

I had to be home but two of the guys stopped at Swan on the way back and caught a nice fish from shore. As expected was busy but there were a few boats.

Tweedsider
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Was at Swan yesterday, all the ice is gone, was a few campers but only one other boat in the water. We caught 31 nice rainbows. Biggest being 4.9 lbs.
Felt so good to get that first day in!
Tight lines:)

brook trout
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
theres some big trout in swan. i heard of 7 pounders in there. i also heard that a kind of bacteria killed some fish last year:cool:

Tweedsider
05-09-2009, 07:36 AM
yeah, I wouldnt eat anything out of there anymore. Read the sign by the launch there, hopefully most people dont keep any out of there now. Makes for a great fishery though;)