PDA

View Full Version : Iosegun or smoke lake

allaboutmathews
07-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Heading to ol fox vegas tomorrow for a week or two, just wondering what lake is better for fishin, and what campground is better for campin? Iosegun or Smoke? Anyone been there recently?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZM
07-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Heading to ol fox vegas tomorrow for a week or two, just wondering what lake is better for fishin, and what campground is better for campin? Iosegun or Smoke? Anyone been there recently?
Thanks!

Not sure about campsites, but isogun has been crazy good for walleye numbers. Small walleyes erupt from the lake and just seem to jump right into your boat.

Supergrit
07-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Iosegen has a better campsite from what I have been told by some locals. Smoke has lots of walleye to.

Mountain Guy
07-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Fox vegas for a week or 2 ?
gosh I sure hope its for work not vacation :scared0018:

Red Bullets
07-07-2017, 12:27 AM
Never fished Smoke in summer but nailed a few 8 and 9 lb. whites there ice fishing. Was told by a local the NW end of the lake is good for walleye year round. East end is shallow.

allaboutmathews
07-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the help guys! Yeah it's deffinatly for work! Haha! We went with iosegun. Nice little spot!campground had 4 spots available when I got here and now it's full for the weekend! We found a couplle good walleye spots on the way to the big point but couldn't make it there in the little trolling motor powered pontoons! Gotta find a closer place to put the boats in! Maybe we can bribe one if the lucky cabin owners over there with some beer?[emoji41]

mikebossy
07-09-2017, 10:53 AM
as an add-on, Smoke Lake had some great walleye and pike fishing throughout the lake, an earlier poster mentioned it was shallow in the east end, in my early days of fishing fished thru the east end with a thing called a mepps combo killer, basically a spinner rig, ie a mepps spinner that had attached an arm inline with a jig body, akin to spinner rigs of today, we had no idea what we were doing but attached some big shiners we caught near the boat launch there and caught walleye after walleye in the eastern bay shallows trolling this rig, pretty sure without weights on it, years later went back and fished weed beds on the far shore from the launch and tossed rattling cranks into the weeds which were nailed, i say nailed by hungry walleyes and pike