PDA

View Full Version : Trudeau. Horrible in Canada, not bad foreign poicy wise though

Muliespotter
07-08-2017, 10:37 AM
I think most of us here, and in Western Canada generally, know Trudeau is doing a horrible job in Canada.

I'm not so sure one can say the same for outside. And yeah, I'm shocked I am thinking that way. But Trudeau is probably the only guy outside of Putin who has Trump figured out, and is dealing with him effectively, more so than others. For Canada, that is exceedingly important, and Trump praised Trudeau at the G20. Normally, I give very little credence to Trump, but in this case, it is important because we are so closely tied to the States in so many ways.

Trudeau has also tackled the issue of diplomacy with the US on a many front basis. He's skirting the normal path diplomacy has been done in the past, and a prime example is that he is the first PM who is addressing the National Governors Association.

Give credit where credit is due. I suspect this is the only place I will ever do that when it comes to Trudeau, but I think this is working for us.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/341004-trudeau-first-canadian-prime-minister-to-speak-to-national-governors

jstubbs
07-08-2017, 11:14 AM
I'll give credit where it is due. I thought Trump and Trudeau would get along like a snake and a mongoose, but they both seem to be forming a decent relationship with each other, which is imperative moving forward.

That said, knowing Trump, in six months he'll be trash talking Trudeau on Twitter over some petty disagreement.

wildbill
07-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Trudeau is a spineless waste of hide, NEXT!!!

elkhunter11
07-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Unlike Trump, Trudeau could care less about his own country. He kisses the butt cheeks of foreign leaders and throws our taxpayers dollars at them, and in return they give money to the Trudeau foundation.

Muliespotter
07-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Unlike Trump, Trudeau could care less about his own country. He kisses the butt cheeks of foreign leaders and throws our taxpayers dollars at them, and in return they give money to the Trudeau foundation.

Got a link for your assertion? If you're talking about the Aga Khan issue, you got it backwards. Keep the facts straight. It helps having a real conversation.

Muliespotter
07-08-2017, 12:02 PM
I'll give credit where it is due. I thought Trump and Trudeau would get along like a snake and a mongoose, but they both seem to be forming a decent relationship with each other, which is imperative moving forward.

That said, knowing Trump, in six months he'll be trash talking Trudeau on Twitter over some petty disagreement.

I hope your wrong, but it would not surprise me. Maybe as long as Ivanka has the hots for JT, things will continue better than expected.

Grizzly Adams
07-08-2017, 12:42 PM
[/B]

I hope your wrong, but it would not surprise me. Maybe as long as Ivanka has the hots for JT, things will continue better than expected.

I'm looking forward to it. Choir boy versus the Apprentice Boss. :lol:

Grizz

KGB
07-08-2017, 12:59 PM
According to the Edmonton Journal, Trump said that Turdo is very well liked in Canada and doing an awesome job overall! I hope this was just a political correctness speaking...:thinking-006:

elkhunter11
07-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Got a link for your assertion? If you're talking about the Aga Khan issue, you got it backwards. Keep the facts straight. It helps having a real conversation.

It's not hard to figure out.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/money-began-to-rain-on-trudeau-foundation-once-justin-took-over-liberals-analysis-shows/wcm/b577282b-6b21-4b74-a378-91143730af0d

https://nationalpostcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/tf.jpg

markg
07-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Wow the offshore dollars sure flow freely when your the Prime Minister. How can things like this even be legal?

elkhunter11
07-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Wow the offshore dollars sure flow freely when your the Prime Minister. How can things like this even be legal?

What makes you think that it is legal? When you are the PM, you can get away with a lot of things, because the authorities are working for you.

Muliespotter
07-08-2017, 02:05 PM
It's not hard to figure out.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/money-began-to-rain-on-trudeau-foundation-once-justin-took-over-liberals-analysis-shows/wcm/b577282b-6b21-4b74-a378-91143730af0d

https://nationalpostcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/tf.jpg

Yeah, doesn't look great, I agree. On the other hand, unlike Trump, at least JT has removed himself from being on that Foundation. Trump doesn't even care if a conflict of interest is brought up, he revels in it.

But yeah, not the greatest looking graph. Still, right now, the primary objective of Canada is, and should be, a good relationship with the idiot in chief our biggest trading partner have sitting in the Oval Office. Like I said, I give JT credit for playing Trump as well or better than anyone except maybe Putin.

Gotta give credit where it is due. JT is still a disaster internally for Canada.

Newview01
07-08-2017, 02:06 PM

You need to look through the CBC news reports and try to understand what is really happening.

elkhunter11
07-08-2017, 02:11 PM
You need to look through the CBC news reports and try to understand what is really happening.

No kidding, if you ignore the CBC, it might be Trump that is playing Trudeau.:)

lmtada
07-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Harper better fit with Trump. Canada would be better off. Less debt. No $$ to Omar, would push through Northern Gateway pipeline, Harper would be answering questions in house commons. Borders would be secure. Ivanka may not be smiling, however Canadians would smile. TSX might even be picking up. Harper > Trudeau.

IR_mike
07-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Harper better fit with Trump. Canada would be better off. Less debt. No $$ to Omar, would push through Northern Gateway pipeline, Harper would be answering questions in house commons. Borders would be secure. Ivanka may not be smiling, however Canadians would smile. TSX might even be picking up. Harper > Trudeau.

X.....Lots.

32-40win
07-09-2017, 05:33 PM
You can see Trump's transition into a politician is occurring now, with that statement about what a good job Trudeau is doing, and "the people up there love him". The way he looked when he said it was, " oh, I guess I better not forget to praise him now, seeing as I am on stage", you could see it was an intentional lie. I'd say Trump will tolerate him for his daughter's sake, but, he essentially has no respect for him other than what he has to show in public.

Okotokian
07-10-2017, 10:19 AM
I do think cautious and positive is the way to go with Trump. But frankly I only caught a small clip of Trump talking about Trudeau and I almost wondered if he was being sarcastic! LOL "Yeah, he's a beauty, He's doing a great job and everybody loves him..." LOL

The Cook
07-10-2017, 12:41 PM

It only because both are brain dead little rich boys. The major difference is their age.