PDA

View Full Version : Ice Report West of Edmonton

Drewski Canuck
04-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Took a tour de work to Hinton today. Chip lake has lots of ice, Isle Lake had some open water, Millers Lake was 1/2 open on the east side where the areator was, some guy was ice fishing in the AM on the West Side!!!

Obed Lake is solid to the shore.

Calling Lake has open water at Sucker Creek and Calling River otherwise tight to the shore as of Wednesday. However, a great day to break ground for the Cabin!!!

Hard to believe that in a couple of weeks we should have the boats in the water!

Drewski

SNAPFisher
05-01-2009, 07:08 AM
"Should" being the word....

I went by Pigeon last night, frozen to the shore. 0 open water. Very doubtful for the May long.

Gull Lake is close to having open water. There appeared to be some open spots but definately a lot of area had rotten ice that was ready to break up. I bet Gull will be open for the May long.

Thanks for the update Drewski. At least the upcoming weather is above zero, even through the night. Hoping for best weather possible.

Cheers!

eys8830
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Does anybody has any new about the ice at Muir Lake?

Star Lake as some open water but if you going to be heading that way watch out the ice moves lots... I got stuck on the other side of the lake from my truck yesterday for 3 hrs...

Hasse Lake still have some ice free spots and Mink lake appeared to be ice free.

Which other Lake around Stony Plain or west of Edmonton can we find good trout fishing?

Thanks

I-Love-Eyes
05-01-2009, 08:51 AM
If you want trout, I hear that Spring Lake is very good. I have never fished there but I was talking to a guy who lives there and he said the fishing is really good--when the trout are biting:lol: Sorry,:( but I`m not sure about ice conditions on that lake right now--someone else probably does though--happy fishing!!

Howard Hutchinson
05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I wide open !! 0 ice and good to go.

bardfromedson
05-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I wide open !! 0 ice and good to go.

can you use motors on muir? speed limit?

Howard Hutchinson
05-01-2009, 09:37 PM
No gas motors allowed only electrics..

HH:)

TYEE
05-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Any info on ice at South buck would be much appreciated.

Sartorius
05-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Most of the Edmonton Pothole lakes are more or less open. Muir is open (I went today, didn't catch a thing, and neither did anyone else that I talked to/saw). Spring Lake is open, and I'm guessing Hasse, Star, and most of the other pothole lakes are mostly open by now, especially the smaller ones. The weekend's warm, so that will probably help.

I never really have success on Spring Lake until after it gets restocked for the season, although it does have perch.

Sartorius
05-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey eys8830, did you have any success at Star?

JohninAB
05-04-2009, 01:28 PM
As of this morning, Chip Lake, Isle Lake, Beta Lake and Wabby are all ice free.

BigRackLover
05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
When does Brule Lake (Hinton area lakes) open up usually?

Mark
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Any word on lakes near Nordegg, namely Shunda or Goldeye? Does anybody know when they usually are ice free?

lonehunter
05-04-2009, 07:07 PM
went to hasse on may1-2009, 100% ice free, 20+ shore fisherman and few boat fishermen including myself, Perch bites well, caught couple perch about 9.5 Inch long, didnt catch any trout...Hopefully will be stocked in a couple weeks