PDA

View Full Version : Perch around Edmonton

New2Fishing
07-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know any lakes with perch in around the Edmonton area?

and what is the best set up to catch some?

TylerThomson
07-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Most lakes that hold walleye and pike will usually have a perch population of some kind in it. The tough part is learning how to find them depending on the time of year.

As far as how to catch them ill use small crank baits when I'm searching. Once you find them ill switch to a small jig and plastic or a jigging spoon like a rattling flyer or pk flutter spoon and maggots or meal worms. If I got kids with me they usually get a slip bobber or a drop shot set up.

Timidhc
07-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know any lakes with perch in around the Edmonton area?

and what is the best set up to catch some?

I've caught Perch from both Gull and Sylvan lake. Heard of people catching them from Pine too but I wouldn't know the first place to start looking.

Timidhc
07-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Most lakes that hold walleye and pike will usually have a perch population of some kind in it. The tough part is learning how to find them depending on the time of year.

As far as how to catch them ill use small crank baits when I'm searching. Once you find them ill switch to a small jig and plastic or a jigging spoon like a rattling flyer or pk flutter spoon and maggots or meal worms. If I got kids with me they usually get a slip bobber or a drop shot set up.

What kind of crankbaits if you don't mine me asking? Seems like they'd have to be pretty small to get a perch to bite

TylerThomson
07-09-2017, 10:23 AM
2 to 3 inch. Pretty much the same I use for walleye. Last time I waa out I was actually looking for walleye trolling a 3 inch gold crank that dives to 10 feet and caught two jumbos when I passed over a big hump. Ended up finding a great perch hole and pulled out a couple that broke a lb.

There are usually a few in a school that are very aggressive and will hit bigger lures. Or you can cast an area with a large spoon and just watch for follows if the water is clear enough.

http://i.imgur.com/Iyh9MCI.jpg

Passthru
07-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Nice perch haul!

Talking moose
07-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Nice whiskey!!!! My favourite! Full!!

TylerThomson
07-09-2017, 11:48 PM
Nice perch haul!

Thanks. I'm just hoping I can find them again so my kids can catch a few.

Nice whiskey!!!! My favourite! Full!!

Haha. I keep it around strictly to provide scale in pictures.:happy0180:

Sundancefisher
07-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Thanks. I'm just hoping I can find them again so my kids can catch a few.

Haha. I keep it around strictly to provide scale in pictures.:happy0180:

Any place to just catch a limit of whiskey?

Dewey Cox
07-10-2017, 09:45 AM
If you go over your limit on royal reserve, you'll know the next morning.

EZM
07-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Enough whiskey makes me sexy.

Nice perch haul.

https://anonamos3021.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/whiskey-diet-monkey-reverse.png

Myles_C
07-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Love the RR for scale

iYearn
07-12-2017, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=EZM;3582153]Enough whiskey makes me sexy.QUOTE]

If my wife has enough whiskey she thinks I'm sexy too. :sHa_shakeshout