PDA

View Full Version : Shaws Point, End of July

SteveY66
04-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Planning a trip to slave lake this year and we plan to stay there between the 21-24 of july.

Just wondering whats the best tactics to get into some good fishing?

Last year i tried cutbank and it was non stop. But nothing really of size, biggest was 54cm nice fish but lots of under 50cm.

Still great fishing.

Thanks

SteveY

brianscott
04-30-2009, 11:15 PM
I spent a summr there working but didnt have acess to a boat.
I fished off of the end of the marina and did well there for walleye, nothing big but i pulled in probably 100 over the summer fishing an hour a day probably.
Biggest was 22 inches but I have seen a 28 incher out of there, caught it at the mouth of the outlet river, I have heard of lots being caught by the wharf at Faust as well, there is a bank a ways out that alway is packed with boats.

Have Fun

Chris K
05-01-2009, 12:54 AM
PM sent

Chris K

jrcw
05-02-2009, 12:59 AM
At that point in the summer it's been my experience that if LSL sees a few consecutive hotter days or a prolonged strong wind the fishing can slow right down. Although late July might be pushing it, it could still be worth trying your luck off the Grouard bridge on Hwy 750, or boat fishing on the lake at the mouth of the Grouard channel. Another popular spot is the drop-off straight out from Shaw's Point marina. I'm not familiar with south shore spots (but would love to hear about some!). Other than that, Cutbank like you said is fairly reliable. I'm sure the LSL veterans out there know of some good mid-lake spots too. I find trolling a bountom bouncer with a spinner rig/crawler works well later in the season. Tight lines!