PDA

View Full Version : Tay Lake - July 9, 2017

dangerranger5143
07-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Hi all,

The fiancé and I were able to get out this morning for a couple hours of fishing and I thought I would share some of the pictures. We went to Tay Lake west of Caroline. I purchased 2 individual pontoon boats last week and was dying to try the out. Geared up at the truck and made the 10 minute hike into the lake. The lake was calm and the sun was blocked behind some clouds so it was still cool. We set out onto the lake. Within 30 minutes we were on the fish. I was using my fly rod, she had her spin set up. Figured with the warm weather the fish would be deep. Didn't see many fish rising either. Put on a sinking leader and threw some split shot on her line. Cast out and let it sink then slowly stripped in the line. I landed 4 rainbows. She managed to find the perch and got on. Made for a tasty lunch when we got home. Here are the pics.

Great morning spent doing what we love.

DR

the local angler
07-09-2017, 08:43 PM
very cool, never heard or been to this lake but i like that fact that there is trout and perch in there. great job

dangerranger5143
07-09-2017, 08:50 PM
I had heard there were perch in it but never caught one. I did some reading on it and they were illegally introduced into the lake back in the 1980s. They are monitoring the numbers and as of now don't seem to be affecting the trout population.

DR

iYearn
07-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Now that is a KEEPER!

Not the perch or trout...but the fiance.

Pontoon boat, spinning gear, 10 min hike in to the lake and an awesome perch?

All great for a happy marriage.

dangerranger5143
07-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Now that is a KEEPER!

Not the perch or trout...but the fiance.

Pontoon boat, spinning gear, 10 min hike in to the lake and an awesome perch?

All great for a happy marriage.

Isn't that the truth. Hard to find a woman that likes hunting, fishing and the outdoors these days.

DR