PDA

View Full Version : Masset

Scott h
07-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Due to a ton of stuff going on right now we got out to Massett a little later than planned. Add to that getting the boat, trailer and gear together after having it sit for 10 months and it felt like we'd never get out on the water. We'll the boat floated and the engines ran so we got out and started towing around some bait. It sure didn't take long to start hooking up fish. So far it looks like it's going to be a strong year for chinooks if this is any indication. The biggest for the first day was 18 lbs but I've got 2 weeks to try and beat that.

SNAPFisher
07-11-2017, 10:24 AM
Due to a ton of stuff going on right now we got out to Massett a little later than planned. Add to that getting the boat, trailer and gear together after having it sit for 10 months and it felt like we'd never get out on the water. We'll the boat floated and the engines ran so we got out and started towing around some bait. It sure didn't take long to start hooking up fish. So far it looks like it's going to be a strong year for chinooks if this is any indication. The biggest for the first day was 18 lbs but I've got 2 weeks to try and beat that.

Nice! Best of luck to you on the rest of the trip. I hope you get some tyees. Save some for the rest of us you lucky devil.

Marty S
07-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Picts... picts please!

You want to talk all dirty like that, we need some photos!

Reeves1
07-12-2017, 07:56 AM
http://www.gohaidagwaii.ca/blog/crabbing-at-north-beach

Scott h
07-12-2017, 09:08 AM
http://www.gohaidagwaii.ca/blog/crabbing-at-north-beach

We are heading out in the next few minutes for the beach. Waders, nets , and clam gun are already in the truck. It's a .9 low tide and there is virtually no wind or swell. It should be a good morning.

dmcrobb12
07-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Awesome to hear man!! I'm starting my trip down there tomorrow. We take the ferry across Sunday and we'll have 11 days fishing starting Monday. We'll be in charlotte fishing skidegate channel, so if you end up coming down our way look for a red kingfisher and come say hi!! Good luck on the rest of your trip!!! Post lots of pics