PDA

View Full Version : Lund boat

TROLLER
07-13-2017, 02:58 PM
Sold my boat and now am shopping for a Lund 14 Fury.

Looking for suggestions as to who is a reliable Edmonton area dealer to deal with. I do not think Riverside is a dealer anymore but could be wrong. Have had some quotes from Jay Marine but have no history on them.

Any info is appreciated.

cube
07-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Sold my boat and now am shopping for a Lund 14 Fury.

Looking for suggestions as to who is a reliable Edmonton area dealer to deal with. I do not think Riverside is a dealer anymore but could be wrong. Have had some quotes from Jay Marine but have no history on them.

Any info is appreciated.

While I bought locally and have been satisfied one used to be able to get Lund boats Much cheaper in Saskatchewan. Not sure if that is still true or not but the savings a couple of years ago was quite significant.

guysmiley
07-13-2017, 04:07 PM
I think I saw some at Riverside this afternoon driving by.
With Honda engines on the back.

EZM
07-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Riverside Honda is the Lund dealer.

Absolutely the most honest, reasonably priced, attentive and competent service team I've ever dealt with.

Even if I have to pay more for my next boat (which I won't) I'm buying it there. No doubt in my mind. They have fixed stuff I broke with my own stupidity under warranty, have replaced buttons on the cover, mouldings, my second bilge (I left it on for a week) etc... etc...

They take care of me, and 5 years later they are still fixing stuff, tightening up stuff, etc..for free on every visit.

JohninAB
07-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Riverside Honda is the Lund dealer.

Absolutely the most honest, reasonably priced, attentive and competent service team I've ever dealt with.

Even if I have to pay more for my next boat (which I won't) I'm buying it there. No doubt in my mind. They have fixed stuff I broke with my own stupidity under warranty, have replaced buttons on the cover, mouldings, my second bilge (I left it on for a week) etc... etc...

They take care of me, and 5 years later they are still fixing stuff, tightening up stuff, etc..for free on every visit.

Sounds like you should have bought a Crestliner! LOL

Careful! LOL

deschambault
07-13-2017, 07:29 PM
With a Merc.

JohninAB
07-13-2017, 07:49 PM
With a Merc.

:sHa_shakeshout:

beaver river game
07-13-2017, 10:44 PM
Lac la biche sporting goods best prices around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZM
07-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Sounds like you should have bought a Crestliner! LOL

Careful! LOL

You can put me into any boat - I will break stuff. Doesn't matter which premium brand it is and Crestliners are definitely premium boats as well, and I can break those too ,,,, lol.

EZM
07-16-2017, 11:31 AM
With a Merc.

Owned tons of Mercs over the years. They continue to improve power to weight ratios, fuel efficiency and have many powers/options to choose from. They are great engines and the new generation (like 4-5 years ago) 4 stokes are very good engines.

BUT - My choice to go to Honda was simple - bullet proof reliability. The engines are simple like a sewing machine and just don't break. Honda isn't often the "best" at any other categories when measuring a engines performance but that's what counts 500 km from the nearest service centre.

I guess that to me, outweighs all the other stuff that other engines out there might do better. They are also simple enough to service or fix yourself.

I turn the key or pull the rope and it starts and runs smoothly.

Even my damn lawnmowers (built in the 1980's) is a Honda. Change oil once every 5 years and starts on one pull every single time. The new HPR lawnmowers are identical - my lawnmower looks exactly like the new ones with no changes (that I can see anyways).

Bullet proof reliability. That's it.

Trade in your cool black sleek super powered Merc and get a silver ugly Honda that sounds like a quiet sewing machine. Get slippers and a paper. I will put the coffee on ! lol

fordtruckin
07-16-2017, 12:59 PM
Owned tons of Mercs over the years. They continue to improve power to weight ratios, fuel efficiency and have many powers/options to choose from. They are great engines and the new generation (like 4-5 years ago) 4 stokes are very good engines.

BUT - My choice to go to Honda was simple - bullet proof reliability. The engines are simple like a sewing machine and just don't break. Honda isn't often the "best" at any other categories when measuring a engines performance but that's what counts 500 km from the nearest service centre.

I guess that to me, outweighs all the other stuff that other engines out there might do better. They are also simple enough to service or fix yourself.

I turn the key or pull the rope and it starts and runs smoothly.

Even my damn lawnmowers (built in the 1980's) is a Honda. Change oil once every 5 years and starts on one pull every single time. The new HPR lawnmowers are identical - my lawnmower looks exactly like the new ones with no changes (that I can see anyways).

Bullet proof reliability. That's it.

Trade in your cool black sleek super powered Merc and get a silver ugly Honda that sounds like a quiet sewing machine. Get slippers and a paper. I will put the coffee on ! lol

Funny my Honda self propelled lawn mower runs like crap and leaks oil like none other.