PDA

View Full Version : How blind do people have to be !!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Strictly in the fishing regulations state Pigeon Lake & tributaries (excluding Tide Creek) & outlet – Walleye limit 0 – except that the holder of a Special Fish Harvest Licence and tags for this lake may retain during the dates specified, the number and size of walleye specified on the tag; Pike limit 1 over 63 cm; Perch limit 5 over 25 cm; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 3 (Burbot limit 0 Feb. 1 to Mar. 31).
the portion of lake west of a line drawn from the northwesternmost tip of the point in 13-12-47-2-W5 due north to the point where the line intersects the shoreline of the lake in 13-47-2-W5, locally known as Zeiner Park and including Tide Creek.
CLOSED all year.
the outlet, the portion located in 1,2,11-46-28-W4
CLOSED Apr. 1 to May 14 and Open – May 15 to Mar. 31.
the remainder of the lake
Open Apr. 1 to Apr. 16; May 15 to Mar. 31.
Apr. 17 to May 14 – CLOSED

Fare enough Closed is closed.

Man this makes me friggin mad . My buddy was out for a drive went to tour to see what the lake was doing as hes wanting to head out opening weekend . Well he sees guys fishing . After an argument they went right back to .... you guessed it Fishing . Call report a poacher and nothing . This is now the 4th or 5th time we have spotted , people poaching or breaking the law. For a law abiding citizen It pees me off so much . Ive recently written 3 letters one to my MLA , One to MR Morton and one to the head of Report a poacher .To no return . It angers me so much that these ass holes are doing this and not being caught , and when they are caught they get a slap on the wrist because out justice system is a Joke . Maybe I should forward my letter to the news papers , in order to get something done . :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

redneck posse
05-01-2009, 04:37 PM
the last time i phoned report a poacher it was like i was wasteing the guys time by makeing him answer the phone. the guy was a total dink.

lipripper
05-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I too have tried to use "report a poacher" because of major fishing infractions and my complaints have always fallen on deaf ears.

In fact I have NEVER herd of anyone getting any sort of satisfaction from them.

05-01-2009, 04:46 PM
I honestly think there fed up , why bother wasting there time catching the guy doing paper work , when there is no punishment . The courts need to pull there heads outta there butts , and wake up and smell the coffee and hit these guys where it hurts , and im not talking wallet . Start fineing and jail sentences and making these guys appear in public , telling different conservation groups there stories , things would change in a hurry . Take there boats , rods , trucks , guns , quads , whatever it may be . Its time to nip this old game in the ass and end these criminals from getting away with what there doing . Its lovely to see the law abiding guys and gals who follow the laws , but are still stereotyped as '' hunters '' or ''fishermen '' Instead of "POACHER". Maybe they don't know how to spell it , or afraid they'll get sued its time to step up to the plate and make these guys known .

jesse34567
05-01-2009, 06:31 PM
be easier on your self and let them get caught there's no sense in trying and putting stress on yourself because some @ss hole is not abiding by the rules

remember there is far more good than bad

duffy4
05-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow! In the winter I talked to a couple anglers who said some guys had a net in out on the lake (pigeon) Three trucks that had been out deep drove off and i could not get aq plate# but got descriptions. I drove home and phoned report a poacher. Talked to one fellow who said he would pass on the info. A while later an enforcement fellow called me back and got some more details. I figured the net may still be in and sugested they lay in wait the next day and catch the fellows going back out. He said they were going out in the dark to see what they could see.

Next day he called in the afternoon to say they had found nothing at night and went out the next morning and foud the holes that had been used but there were no nets left in.

I thiyght they had done a great job of reacting to a call and informing me of the outcome.

LongDraw
05-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I have phoned the RAP hotline on two occasions and both times the officer that was dispatched phoned me enroute for specific details and then phoned again after to let me know the outcome.

05-01-2009, 08:35 PM
be easier on your self and let them get caught there's no sense in trying and putting stress on yourself because some @ss hole is not abiding by the rules

remember there is far more good than bad

Why let these moron's win . That would be like the Americans and Canadians backing out of Afghanistan after they bombed the crap outta the place . Its not happening I will be forwarding a letter to Global news , Bob Layton , And CTV news . According to inside sources the government is required to respond to any letter they receive . And no my letter didn't have poor grammar or swearing and name calling . I had someone alot more calm then me put my words into better context .

05-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I have phoned the RAP hotline on two occasions and both times the officer that was dispatched phoned me enroute for specific details and then phoned again after to let me know the outcome.

You know ive been up north and have called zero problem , but It just seems to be that Pigeon lakea area , which I think the Wetaskiwin office is incharge of .

JohninAB
05-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I have called the RAP line 3 times and have had prompt responses each and every time. Once at Pigeon lake, and twice around Nojack. Have emailed the F+W officer as well and gotten a prompt response.

I have no complaints what so ever.

redneck posse
05-01-2009, 10:48 PM
the last time i phoned was for 3 guys on coal lake keeping every pike the caught. the guy that answer made it sound like it was a chore just to answer the phone. let alone talk to me. i never did get a call back and in the 2 hours i was there no one showed up. i got the feeling that he never even wrote anything down let alone contacted the F&W. phoned again 3 days later on the same guys while out with bbj and ukamof. and they both phoned and still 3 hours later still no call back or inforcement officer.that summer i think bettween bbj and my self we phoned RAP at least 10x on the same guys with no one showing up.

05-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I have called the RAP line 3 times and have had prompt responses each and every time. Once at Pigeon lake, and twice around Nojack. Have emailed the F+W officer as well and gotten a prompt response.

I have no complaints what so ever.

Fare enough Ive called other times with zero problems but this past winter 4 or 5 separate incidents happened that warranted a phone call . It seems to be the last year there efforts are the pits , we even had picture evidence and video tape from last spring , still wasn't good enough for them , to make a phone call let alone showing up. Maybe its lack of staff but I don't think that's an excuse especially with known hot spots for poaching.Im not the lake side nark but I believe everyone has the right to follow the laws and defiance to do should be punished. I think if things were made more public then they are , things might change. If that doesn't work hit them where it counts and not there wallet. Take there time and money.

seahawkfisher
05-01-2009, 11:35 PM
funny that it was at pigeon; i bet i get checked out by the co's at least half a dozen times a year out there. actually, after last year, i was suprised when i'd come in to shore if i havent at least seen a co out there; maybe that's just during open season...

looks like they are doing their job out at wab too; just gotta stay positive
cheers

southunter
05-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Posse and BBJ, Pigeon lake is covered by the Wetaskiwin office. Call that office during business hours and ask what happened and why no one called you back. Might as well go right to source to find out what the problem is rather than slagging the whole program on a public board.
You will get more satisfaction and probably an answer to your legitimate question.

jesse34567
05-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Why let these moron's win . That would be like the Americans and Canadians backing out of Afghanistan after they bombed the crap outta the place . Its not happening I will be forwarding a letter to Global news , Bob Layton , And CTV news . According to inside sources the government is required to respond to any letter they receive . And no my letter didn't have poor grammar or swearing and name calling . I had someone alot more calm then me put my words into better context .

pretty darn hard to associate that with getting bombed they are not in the same context

savagencounter
05-02-2009, 03:14 PM
pretty darn hard to associate that with getting bombed they are not in the same context

with all the free time you have writing letters making phone calls whining you might decide to get a job working for fish and wildlife then you can tell us first hand how easy their job is . If you think you can do a better job go do it then and quit whining. I think they do a great job and cant come running every time you call. They probably know your voice AS THAT GUY AGAIN.

troller
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
with all the free time you have writing letters making phone calls whining you might decide to get a job working for fish and wildlife then you can tell us first hand how easy their job is . If you think you can do a better job go do it then and quit whining. I think they do a great job and cant come running every time you call. They probably know your voice AS THAT GUY AGAIN.

Did you quote the wrong person? I haven't seen any letter writing or whining from Jesse in this thread. I'm probably just confuzzled as usual :ashamed:

And for the 2 times I have called they responded as fast as I would expect. No complaints here.

05-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Posse and BBJ, Pigeon lake is covered by the Wetaskiwin office. Call that office during business hours and ask what happened and why no one called you back. Might as well go right to source to find out what the problem is rather than slagging the whole program on a public board.
You will get more satisfaction and probably an answer to your legitimate question.

OK fair enough , I haven't had the chance to do so but I will. I know that the fish and wildlife officers who patrol the area around pigeon lake and Coal Lake would be from the Wetaskiwin office . I will send a letter to them as well . I think that its more of a matter then trashing the program as it has been said repeatedly Ive made the call , as being a responsible outdoorsmen I should report something when I witness acts of poaching and other .Im not trashing the Officers of this office , as I know all fish and wildlife departments are short staffed with many outdoorsmen and woman per area .

05-02-2009, 04:00 PM

OK sure maybe different but its still pretty damn close to the same . I'm not trying to bash anyone , but more am trying to make aware of what is happening . Sure it isn't the whole Program , just a certain area .

JohninAB
05-02-2009, 04:48 PM
BBJ if I am not mistaken, in parks etc the Conservation officers enforce the regulations. Maybe give Parks a call and see what is up.

SteveY66
05-02-2009, 05:12 PM
bbj.

Maybe you should run for the Head of sustainable resource position and report a poacher too.

You'd be non stop cause it seems you always catch them in the act.

Bogman10
05-02-2009, 05:53 PM
You know ive been up north and have called zero problem , but It just seems to be that Pigeon lakea area , which I think the Wetaskiwin office is incharge of .

Lots of Guys with lots of money have Cabins there. Laws are for the poor.

05-02-2009, 10:45 PM
BBJ if I am not mistaken, in parks etc the Conservation officers enforce the regulations. Maybe give Parks a call and see what is up.

Monday morning Im going to drop a call into there office as I got it sitting here on the wall , pulled it off the website . Maybe Ill phone and see whats up . Somewhere here theres miss communication . Thanks for your help John.