PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Fishing Opportunity - August 5-13 $600

BlackHeart
07-20-2017, 09:31 AM
There is an opening for one person to join us on salmon fishing trip out of Prince Rupert. A friend of mine has a large boat and each year, he has us come out, fish with him and share boat fuel costs... our regular 3rd cannot make it.

The rule is if you join up, its now your spot until you drop......so this will mean next year you have first priority to repeat......until the boat owner stops doing this. I have been going for the past 7 years.

The total cost is $600 per person for 5 full Days of fishing for salmon/halibut/ling/rockfish/crab and if time/ambition allows prawns.

The boat is 32ft with washroom, dining, sleeping. You'll be sleeping on the boat. The only other costs are your booze and sharing the gas/incidentals with us getting to Rupert.

Also the commitment to go has to be solid.

Details:
-Leaving Edmonton area August 5th and return August 13th
- there is a place to stay over in Smithers for free on both trip legs, so the drive is not too tiring and breaks it up a bit nicer.
- I have the 3 xxl coolers needed
- travel/ truck fuel split 3/ways should be about $170 per.
- fishing is from a 32ft boat w sleeping quarters...all gear provided
- will be sleeping, cooking and staying on the boat
- BYOB (beer should be in cans if possible for weight savings)
- we fill our limits most trips
- all gear/ bait / and food is taken care of
- only thing to bring is sleeping bag/ clothes/booze/ positive attitude
- incidentals will be coffee and lunch on trips and sharing of parking at dock and ice for return trip
- not a guided trip .....but the boat owner knows the spots and how
- this is not a pampered trip, cooking, dishes, rigging baits, pulling traps are done by all.
- fish are filleted and a portion vacuum packed as rules will allow
- you will be expected to help us with launch and pulling the boat out of water and prepping it for travel between Rupert and Smithers (2hrs)
- we fish Stevens island, Dundas, areas.

It a great trip and the fishing is great. For a final cost of 800 fuel food travel, for 5 days fishing, you can't beat it.

PM me if interested.

Kurt505
07-20-2017, 10:36 AM
Wow! What a smoking deal!

BlackHeart
07-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Wow! What a smoking deal!

Its why we go every year.......if you bought just the halibut in the store it would probably cost you more than this trip.

BUT....it is not a pampered heels-up type of trip....nothing against them, but they come with the price tag which is expected. I have gone on a day charter where they insist on doing everything from rigging the bait to even setting the hook on bites........did not like it.......felt like I was just a tourist.

SNAPFisher
07-20-2017, 12:09 PM
I have gone on a day charter where they insist on doing everything from rigging the bait to even setting the hook on bites........did not like it.......felt like I was just a tourist.

I would have mutinied In that situation.
I don't mind getting pampered off the ocean, but when I'm fishing, get of the way!

I would be interested but I'll be up at Langara at that time - self guided. Hope you guys slay em! Though it sounds like the norm for you guys :)

Ronji
07-20-2017, 12:29 PM
This is a great deal, and I would sign up for sure. But I will be out in Barkley Sound fishing at that time. I hear they been having a great year.

TBark
07-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Shoot, I'd be all over that but I'm moving to Aus for 1-2 years here shortly.
Hope there's fishing down there.
Have fun out there guys.

TBark

lone wolf
07-20-2017, 09:06 PM
This is a great deal, and I would sign up for sure. But I will be out in Barkley Sound fishing at that time. I hear they been having a great year.

I have fished both locations more than once. Trust me, if you spent a week in Rupert you would never go back to Barkley :bad_boys_20:

Great deal for someone.

Michael_Brown
07-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Interested. I will have to confirm my schedule as I just got back from Kitimat, last week. :)

BlackHeart
07-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Thanks to all those who replied. The spot has been filled with a member from here.

Many expressed interest for next year......and this trip/my group of three is not the only group that goes on this. A few of the members from here managed a group of their own. But this year we are the last trip.

The boat owner uses up his annual vacation time going out fishing and has people come with him to help cover some of the cost (every trip out is about $1000 in fuel, so for only one or two, its expensive)

He has a bunch of regulars that get first choice but things change, schedules or priorties change. And there can be other opportunities next year, and the scheduling usually starts in April or May for fishing in July and August.

SOOO....I will keep those who replied for next year in mind and mention to the boat owner that there are great Alberta Outdoorsmen (and not fishing tourists-champage & caviar types) interested should he need some options or fill a time slot.

Thank you for all those that replied.