PDA

View Full Version : Clear lake and twin valley res

liv2fish
07-24-2017, 10:45 AM
Hey there. Girlfriend and i are wanting to try out these two lakes. Just curious if there are any shallow or low spots to worry about and if the launches are good. We have a 16ft deep v with 140hp. Any info greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

calgarygringo
07-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Twin is pretty good other than a few spots but lots of deep water in the main part of the lake. Clear is very small weedy and shallow. Probably not my first choice with that size of boat.

kevinhits
07-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Twin is pretty good other than a few spots but lots of deep water in the main part of the lake. Clear is very small weedy and shallow. Probably not my first choice with that size of boat.

The water level has dropped a few feet since we were out a few weeks ago....Gotta jump in the boat now from the boat dock..LOL

calgarygringo
07-24-2017, 02:57 PM
With or without rocks up front.Lol At least the middle is not like CV and you need to really watch or else.

The water level has dropped a few feet since we were out a few weeks ago....Gotta jump in the boat now from the boat dock..LOL

EdvinTheKid
07-24-2017, 03:06 PM
Been to Twin Valley a lot and I have never been sunk. The trick to fishing this lake is troll near the shore with your boat. There are some really bigs ones there too! And last time I was there, the boat dock was good.

old dog
07-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Both lakes r good for that size of boat. Was just at twin yesterday with a large wake board boat. But wish my fishing not was with me Lol. The lake is low so the dock is along way out of the water. But still workable. Be careful of the northeast arm however. There is a sandbar across it so caution needs to be taken. It's fairly visible Use the the east side of the bar to get around it as the Chanel is deeper there. Clear is pretty good but watch the shallows along the shore line. Enjoy

liv2fish
07-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Awesome thanks for the replies guys. Gonna try to do some fishing tonight after work and we want to try some new lakes. They are next in line for us. Maybe twin valley tonight and clear another time!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

kevinhits
07-24-2017, 04:16 PM
With or without rocks up front.Lol At least the middle is not like CV and you need to really watch or else.

Had my buddy and boy so didn't need the boulder:bad_boys_20:

calgarygringo
07-24-2017, 06:21 PM
So are you saying then that you needed the 2 of them to balance the weight in the back seat?:sHa_shakeshout:

Had my buddy and boy so didn't need the boulder:bad_boys_20:

kevinhits
07-24-2017, 06:50 PM
So are you saying then that you needed the 2 of them to balance the weight in the back seat?:sHa_shakeshout:

Yup...I got large love handles:bad_boys_20: