PDA

View Full Version : caught a few bulls

fluxcore
05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I just couldent stand it (stuck in the house)and headed out on one of my favorite streams out west. here are a few pics of the bulls I caught, not huge but considering the stream thay were pulled out of there a good size:D the stream is full of bulls I rarely catch anthing else, my guess is thay eat all the other fish in there pools:lol:

jesse34567
05-03-2009, 03:06 PM
beautiful fish,,

do u know any steams/river near Calgary that hold bulls

Walleyed
05-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Very nice, good to hear at least someone is catching something. Where did you fish at?

hunter10
05-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Great fish, Good job

fluxcore
05-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I like to keep a few of my spots to myself, I have never taken anyone to this streach of water and have yet to run into another angler the last few years ive fished it, most likely stay that way untill my daughter is a little older. I plan out a weekend early each year before the ice is off the lakes and grab a map that showes streams. I look for junctions where creeks run into each other or large open flats (wash out areas) that have lots of pools. I can recomend north nordegg off the trunk road from there you can really head out away from the weekend warriors and find some untouched areas. It can be a long drive and a bit of a hike but ive had limited success in the clearwater (none) and stauffer is fishing really slow so the trip was worth it:D

Springer
05-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Ya Fluxcore I was surprised how slow the stauffer was,and as nice a river the Clearwater is and all the pools it just does not produce for me either.

Sbrooks
05-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Nice to see you got some Bullies. On a friendly note, have you considered using a net? I have one I could give you if you want. After all the talk of folks and their fish handling skills on the site and then I see this.

fluxcore
05-04-2009, 04:58 PM
I was half way out before I realized I forgot my net:rolleyes: the fish were handeled with care and promply released. In the pics following this weekend you will be able to see my net. I CANT WAIT might have to call in on friday:evilgrin: