PDA

View Full Version : Looking for bait

Moo Snukkle
07-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Heading to Lesser Slave this weekend. What's the best place to get bait in Edmonton and what size is best? Thanks in advance.

mooseknuckle
07-26-2017, 02:25 PM
Fishing hole west end had tons of different baits yesterday. Depending on what your fishing for? Walleye? Always just use the candle lake minnows.

Moo Snukkle
07-26-2017, 03:22 PM
Fishing hole west end had tons of different baits yesterday. Depending on what your fishing for? Walleye? Always just use the candle lake minnows.

Exactly the kind of tip I'm looking for. Thanks

Talking moose
07-26-2017, 03:54 PM
You get on the fish at slave, you don't even need bait. Drop a twister tail down to the bottom and it's one after another. Go to the cluster of boats and drop it down. I've had people jigging beside me with no bait out fish me almost 2:1 because of the extra time messing around with bait. But that's only when your on fish and the bite is on.

dantheman93
07-26-2017, 06:24 PM
there is a few places that sell bait in town too if you run out. i always use minnows or leeches but like talking moose said it's not necessary.

Red Bullets
07-27-2017, 10:48 PM
The best bait would be if you collected some minnows right from the lake. Only kill enough for the day. Usually minnows in the shallows at most lakes during summer. A small 6 foot seine net between two people can be pretty productive. One sweep. Let go any perch, walleye or pike minnows.

trampywinter
07-27-2017, 10:54 PM
The power bait leeches or minnows work too and tend to stay on longer