PDA

View Full Version : Dry island buffalo jump park

Solominotaur
07-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Just curious if anyone's fished here and what the river might hold so I know what to target.

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Dewey Cox
07-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Goldeye.
Your lure won't even get wet there's so many goldeye in there.

Solominotaur
07-29-2017, 02:53 PM
Sweet, know if there is any brown or brookies in there?

Jigger
07-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Just curious if anyone's fished here and what the river might hold so I know what to target.

Thanks in advance :)

Yup you can catch goldeye, sauger, walleye, pike, burbot, chubs and suckers. Although the last three would be uncommon since you cant use bait. Fish like you're targeting small walleye and pike and you'll likely catch quite a few. Fish in back eddies and deep pools around beaver dams etc. Have fun

Edit; no brookies and chances of catching browns that far down are slim to none. Tons of walleye/sauger and goldeye tho

Solominotaur
07-29-2017, 03:11 PM
Yup you can catch goldeye, sauger, walleye, pike, burbot, chubs and suckers. Although the last three would be uncommon since you cant use bait. Fish like you're targeting small walleye and pike and you'll likely catch quite a few. Fish in back eddies and deep pools around beaver dams etc. Have fun

Edit; no brookies and chances of catching browns that far down are slim to none. Tons of walleye/sauger and goldeye tho
Thanks, I'll be a bit north of that at trenville park. But figured to use that as a landmark to make a gameplan

Dewey Cox
07-29-2017, 05:25 PM
Get into something that floats at trenville, and have someone pick you up at tolman bridge.

Pioneer2
07-29-2017, 05:50 PM
For goldeye use little #1 spinners silver,Mepps or Blue Fox [tiny 5 diamonds red/yellow].Back in the day when legal a bobber with a grasshopper and no weight was a 100% killer or a small piece of heart a foot below the bobber.Harold

Talking moose
07-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Get into something that floats at trenville, and have someone pick you up at tolman bridge.

Do you mean Mckenzie crossing? ( a few miles downstream)

Dewey Cox
07-29-2017, 09:09 PM
Do you mean Mckenzie crossing? ( a few miles downstream)

That works too